Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Customer service at delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering how people have been finding the customer experience of picking up their cars? Mine was not good:

I picked up my performance model 3 from West Drayton London yesterday. The car’s great but the service at West Drayton isn’t. I’s not the fault of the staff who were running around like mad things, they have just been dumped on big time with too many cars to get out of the door. Just to exacerbate the problem I found it almost impossible to speak to anyone about anything at Tesla, the phone just rings and there is no response to emails.

The pickup itself was a very harrowing process. We arrived at 3:00 and finally left at gone 5:30. There seemed to be a number of unhappy customers in the customer waiting area. Allegedly our car had a cracked windscreen so they swapped the VIN consequently we could not set up the phone access and if I hadn’t checked it I would have been sent off with the wrong registration number.

One of the charging leads was missing and (they said they would send it later…). The part exchange was for a different value than what I had expected and I only realised when we were asked to sign off on the old one. Fortunately the car wasn’t worth that much anyway.

The guy showing us the cars features said they were sending out 70-100 cars a day and he had been allocated a ridiculous number of cars to hand over he was supposed to be doing 4 different cars at 4:00! To say they were short staffed is an understatement. He said that numbers were set to rise to 200/day in September so if you are picking up your car from West Drayton I suggest you bring a good book, a packed lunch and try to relax.

Tesla will have to up there game before long otherwise there will be big PR problems, annoying Tesla fans like me is not good – but at the end of the day I’ll forget about it and enjoy the car, but your non fanboy/girl type won’t take such shoddy service well at all.

I picked up my P3D- yesterday in Honolulu. I had an appointment scheduled for 4 pm and received a text message around 10 am saying they were having some issues getting my paperwork and they would let me know after lunch if they would resolve it before the 4 pm delivery. I got a text at 1 pm saying they figured it out and the appointment was still on. I showed up at the delivery center right at 4 pm and within 5 minutes, my DS rep came out and went through everything. I did a car inspection, everything looked good, signed the paperwork and was out within 30 minutes. They even had a lei on the car, which was a nice touch here in Hawaii! Great experience, no complaints whatsoever.

I picked up my P3D- yesterday in Honolulu. I had an appointment scheduled for 4 pm and received a text message around 10 am saying they were having some issues getting my paperwork and they would let me know after lunch if they would resolve it before the 4 pm delivery. I got a text at 1 pm saying they figured it out and the appointment was still on. I showed up at the delivery center right at 4 pm and within 5 minutes, my DS rep came out and went through everything. I did a car inspection, everything looked good, signed the paperwork and was out within 30 minutes. They even had a lei on the car, which was a nice touch here in Hawaii! Great experience, no complaints whatsoever.

sounds a lot better, I suspect that volume has something to do with it. Roughly how many do you think they were shifting per day?

sounds a lot better, I suspect that volume has something to do with it. Roughly how many do you think they were shifting per day?

Not sure, but even with a smaller relative population, they move a ton of EV's in Hawaii. Particularly with the free meter, airport parking, HOV exclusions. I was told by DC rep that called me the day before there could be a wait as they had a bunch of deliveries that day. I might've been lucky on my appointment time but I drove away impressed. Easy experience

I’ve had good overall delivery experiences on three deliveries, although there were some snafus along the way. But I think the delivery experience varies significantly based on which location you go to and how many other people are trying to get their cars at the same time that you are there. And of course some reps are just more on the ball than others, and the majority of your experience is going to be based on the individual servicing your delivery.

Tesla is staffed to handle a moderate volume level. When sales spike they just scramble as best as possible but you can definitely tell they are overwhelmed.

UK is crazy right now... Especially Heathrow. A lot of people ordered in may (over 7000 orders) and they are trying to deliver all that by end of September.

They started second week of August.

That being said the experience is horrible. Zero reliable information and no customer service.

I ordered 8 th of May, and got given a host of promises that were all broken.

I just had a TNT delivery fof a type 2 lead from Tesla which they said was missing. I went to put it in the front boot (first time I had even looked in it) only to find there was one already present (I think). The two leads are very similar indeed but not identical. How can I tell if they are both type 2 connectors? Neither have anything on them to say what they are...

Just took delivery of my M3 SR+ this past week in the Fremont hub, and the service was 'efficient.' I was in and out within 30-45 minutes with majority of the time spent doing the walk around inspection of the vehicle. Usual minor nick, stitch, or imperfection here and there but driving 30 minutes on Highway 880 afterwards would probably do more cosmetic harm than what I saw.

My regret is not driving the vehicle on the freeway as anything over 50, then 70mph catches quite a bit of crosswind and road noise. I'll give the service guys a shot to improve the common wind noise challenge when I have the optional Homelink installed at a date TBD.

I do feel for those who didn't do a good amount of research on the 'how do' operate a 3 in advance could have a challenging experience if you're asking a ton of questions and asking the rep to show you every function while they maybe under a strict appt schedule. I felt my experience was very conveyor belt-ish as my rep wasn't particularly that excited to be working for Tesla but rather it was a 8 to 5 that they're trying to get through with as little engagement as possible. Overall was fine for me, but I can see the experience putting off others.