Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Customer service conflicting stories... every time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also posted this on Tesla.com's model 3 forum, just looking for maximum input on a confusing situation.

Got the text asking if I want to get my car this weekend. I say yes. They responded "your adviser will be in contact soon"... included his @ (for twitter? Instagram? I don't know).

Unsurprisingly, no one reached out to me as of writing on 9/30. I don't have a VIN still and no one at tesla has ever contacted me other than the mass text. My account says "fill out financing details" and submit - however tesla customer service had previously said no, do nothing, just wait for a VIN. Can't get an actual loan without my final purchase agreement/VIN anyway... The next time I called they said I had a car matched to me and someone should be reaching out. I called again today and they told me nothing new, but provided the phone number of the delivery team, who I had not previously spoken to yet.

The rep from the delivery customer service team told me today that I should get a preapproval from my credit union and email it to her so that she can speed things up for me... is anyone else being given this frustrating runaround/every customer service rep saying something different? Has anyone actually found that giving someone a preapproval got them out of limbo?