Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

customer service uk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an issue with my 8 month old Model 3. I phoned customer service 01628 450660. I spoke to Sharon. She advised me to email [email protected]. I did this but the email was returned saying Tesla does not accept emails to that address from non-Tesla employees. I phoned 01628 450660 again and this time spoke to Hannah. She advised me to email [email protected] which I did while Hannah was still on the phone. Hannah said she had received my email and would forward it to [email protected]. After waiting a week I emailed [email protected] again asking if they would investigate and get back to me.

I have heard nothing. My first contact was two weeks ago. The phone number has an interminable wait. Email contact is not replied to.

From both the perspective of a Tesla car owner and an investor in Tesla stock I am appalled by this poor customer service. It colours the whole of the experience of owning a Tesla.

I don't think it should need a service appointment. It is simply that premium connectivity stopped working after 6 months and I had thought it should last for a year. The Tesla staff don't appear to know.

If it were me I'd book a service appointment for anything like that. Once it's logged there's some ownership of the problem, even though it may be a subscription issue.
It's a busy time for Tesla at the moment due to all the end of quarter deliveries.

Have you checked your subscription in your account? Is your payment method up to date there?

Reactions: Reborn
Thanks. I don't really feel I need a service appointment. As you say, it may be a subscription issue. In truth I don't really know what is involved with a service appointment and I don't really want to drive to Birmingham.

I am reporting what I think has been a misleading run-around by Tesla people, even though it may have been well-intentioned.

I would like a follow up to my emails and phone calls. I would like somebody from Tesla to care.

If you need someone to look at the car they will come to you. You shoud not need to drive to Birmingham. I have had the Edinburgh service team out a couple of times for minor faults and found them very helpful.

But I would agree with the previous comments - book a service appointment, tell them what the problem is and if they can fix it over the air they will.

I have taken your advice, but it obliges me to choose a time and a date. I do not really want to have to be in Birmingham early in the morning on Sept 15th for a software issue.
OK but once you log it and choose a date they may very well contact you for further info or send a ranger or some other method. It's just that you have to pick an appointment to log the issue.

Reactions: Reborn
Login to your Tesla account and check your subscription status. It also tells you what your Supercharging status is.
For months I thought I had a certain level of each of those services but when I logged in I found out that I was wrong(Tesla erred in my favor).
Login to Tesla and kindly let us know what your premium connectivity subscription status is. We'd all like to know if we should expect to have the same issue.

When I go to the home page for my car in tesla.com and click on "details" I get the following information:(((
Car Details
Specs
Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive

All Black Interior

Pearl White Multi-Coat

18’’ Aero Wheels

Autopilot

Pay Per Use Supercharging

Subscriptions
Standard Connectivity

Upgrade
Included Package

)))

which tells me I am on standard connectivity (which I know) but not whether it is supposed to be 6 months or 12 months from date of purchase. Is there somewhere else with this information?

When I go to the home page for my car in tesla.com and click on "details" I get the following information:(((
Car Details
Specs
Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive

All Black Interior

Pearl White Multi-Coat

18’’ Aero Wheels

Autopilot

Pay Per Use Supercharging

Subscriptions
Standard Connectivity

Upgrade
Included Package

)))

which tells me I am on standard connectivity (which I know) but not whether it is supposed to be 6 months or 12 months from date of purchase. Is there somewhere else with this information?

You have the exact same Specs on the car that I do.
We differ where mine says "Free Supercharging until Oct 6, 2021"
*I was told that I get 1,000 free miles so I'm happy about that mistake lol

As you know, under Subscriptions we all either say "Standard Connectivity" or "Premium Connectivity."
The difference is with Premium it will tell us details about the plan. Mine says $9.99/month starting on 9/21 this month(my one year promotional period is ending and I will be charged accordingly).

You clearly don't have premium connectivity(both with billing your credit card, your account standing, and what is actually being run in your car).
This is not a Tesla service issue. A service center won't give a crap about it.
Why do you think you had a year of premium connectivity? Did your salesman tell you that? Do you have it in writing somewhere?

To be honest, I had just assumed premium connectivity lasted for a year. I must have just read it somewhere and assumed it applied universally.
I have just looked in my "Motor Vehicle Order Agreement" and it says nothing about connectivity. Nothing in either the booking invoice nor final invoice either.

To be honest, I had just assumed premium connectivity lasted for a year. I must have just read it somewhere and assumed it applied universally.
I have just looked in my "Motor Vehicle Order Agreement" and it says nothing about connectivity. Nothing in either the booking invoice nor final invoice either.

Sorry to hear that!
I'm pretty sure that paying for premium connectivity is a new development. I bought my car a year ago, they soon added Karaoke, got my kids addicted to it, then said they'd start charging for it. Well played Tesla, well played!

Could you please tell me whether you have 6 months premium connectivity or 1 year, and how you were informed of that by Tesla. Thanks

I wasn't informed of anything by Tesla regarding the connectivity. The experts can correct me if I'm wrong, but when I bought my car a year ago Premium Connectivity charges didn't exist at all. I'm pretty sure that last fall/winter Tesla decided to start charging for it. When I logged into my account it said I had free Premium Connectivity until Sep 21, 2020(my one year mark) and then it's $9/99/month.

Thanks toolman. I have had this reply back from Tesla: " They have advised as your car doesn’t have Premium Interior nor Long Range so is only eligible for 30 days of Premium Connectivity trial. It looks like this customer received an extra 5 months of trial, but this shouldn’t have been the case."

Is it the understanding of other owners of standard range plus model 3s in the UK that there is only 30 days premium connectivity? Where (in which document) is this stated?

I've never heard about Connectivity being associated with the type of car, but it makes sense that it might exist.
I have AWD w Long Range, so maybe that's why I got a year.
They do accidentally give extra Connectivity and Supercharging. I received both.
I was promised 1,000 free SC miles, but I ended up getting 25 months of free unlimited charging. Incredible mistake in my favor.

Is it the understanding of other owners of standard range plus model 3s in the UK that there is only 30 days premium connectivity? Where (in which document) is this stated?
That’s my understanding; my UK Model 3 LR comes with 12months, the SR 30 days. This is how I remember the Tesla web page describing ‘partial premium’ interior of SR vs ‘premium interior’ of LR since I first began researching the model 3, so not a recent change. How long have you had your car? This is the current description from UK web page, not sure if it appears in any contractual document:

Partial Premium Interior Includes:
  • 12-way power adjustable heated front seats
  • Premium seat material and trim
  • Upgraded audio – immersive sound
  • Premium Connectivity (30 days included):
    • Satellite maps with live traffic visualization
    • In-car internet streaming music and media
    • Video streaming
    • Caraoke
    • Internet browser
Premium Interior Includes:
  • 12-way power adjustable front and rear heated seats