Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CVRP: Purchase agreement was rejected because it was a review copy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't see a thread that dealt with this specific issue with the CVRP, so I hope that this will help those who get this notification from CVRP.

2/5/2020: Ordered M3
3/7/2020: Took delivery at Tesla Carlsbad
3/9/2020: Uploaded CVRP and supporting documents
4/28/2020: The motor vehicle purchase agreement provided was rejected because it is a review copy.

Tesla Support was unable to explain what was wrong with the purchase agreement that was uploaded to the Tesla website. But this was the explanation from CVRP support:

It is possible that this is due to a coding issue related to the pdf Tesla provided you. We have had many applicants who experienced this problem, their pdf was a review copy, with the signatures blacked out, but when they opened the file on their end they were able to get the 'final' version. I don't know the details of how the applicants were able to fix this issue, however. I suspect that the file had to be printed out, or printed to pdf so that it would be the final version.

So I printed the purchase agreement that was downloaded from the Tesla website and scanned the printed documents. There was one page that still had the signatures blacked out and this page was in regards to the Trade-In Payoff Agreement, which didn't apply to us since we didn't have a trade in. So I asked CVRP support about that. This was their response:

The 'final' signature we need is actually on page 6, the one you mention that is blacked out sounds like the one on page 3, which is fine if blacked out.

A few hours later, I received a notification that my CVRP application was approved. So if you get a notification that your purchase agreement was a review copy, just print out your purchase agreement, scan the print out, and resubmit.

Submitted my CVRP request a couple weeks ago but am not too optimistic on seeing it any time soon given the current situation. That said, I never received a final MVPA nor is one loaded in my Tesla account. So instead I used my signed loan agreement which *should* be okay. FYI, on my 2020 Model X I never received an official MVPA either. That didn't qualify for CVRP so I didn't really care. Tesla is weird with their documents though.

Submitted my CVRP request a couple weeks ago but am not too optimistic on seeing it any time soon given the current situation. That said, I never received a final MVPA nor is one loaded in my Tesla account. So instead I used my signed loan agreement which *should* be okay. FYI, on my 2020 Model X I never received an official MVPA either. That didn't qualify for CVRP so I didn't really care. Tesla is weird with their documents though.
When I chatted with Tesla Support, the only document they were able to provide me was the MVPA. It didn't really help my situation, but it did include the Purchase checklist, the application to the DMV, and the MVPA Vehicle Configuration. The MVPA was not uploaded on my Tesla website either and if I hadn't talked to Tesla, I wouldn't have known to ask for one. So I would recommend calling up Tesla and just ask for one. It's probably the only document they might provide you.

You should be fine. They are still processing and mailing checks for the rebate. I submitted my application early February, approved in late March, and got my check in the mail 1-2 weeks ago.