Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CVRP $2000 MYP Qualification based on order date. Anyone have a Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Originally ordered a Model Y LR in Dec 2021. Apparently, those qualified for CVRP rebate of $2000 because of timing.

Fast forward to March 15, 2022, CVRP no longer qualifies for Teslas. I called CVRP and they've informed me that they go by order date, and don't care of the trim or cost of the car, only base models which were all under $60,000 before March 15, 2022.

I upgraded to MYP earlier this week and wondering if my "order" still qualifies, since my original order date was in December. I'm thinking they'll go by the "Accepted Terms by Customer Date" on the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement.

Anyone have recent experience with this or have a copy of their Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement? Does this have the order date on there? Thanks!

YMMV. I ordered my MYP on 7/21/2021 and it shows that date on the purchase agreement, but i did not take delivery till January. You should be ok... :)

1654036856006.png

I just got notification that i qualified and got approved for the $2k rebate today. My purchase price for my MYP was $60,990

Last edited:
Reactions: Wreckless316
Hi All,

Originally ordered a Model Y LR in Dec 2021. Apparently, those qualified for CVRP rebate of $2000 because of timing.

Fast forward to March 15, 2022, CVRP no longer qualifies for Teslas. I called CVRP and they've informed me that they go by order date, and don't care of the trim or cost of the car, only base models which were all under $60,000 before March 15, 2022.

I upgraded to MYP earlier this week and wondering if my "order" still qualifies, since my original order date was in December. I'm thinking they'll go by the "Accepted Terms by Customer Date" on the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement.

Anyone have recent experience with this or have a copy of their Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement? Does this have the order date on there? Thanks!
Was MYP under $60k?

Hey all. Update to this. Just got my MVPA (which is what the CVRP needs as proof of order date) and it shows electronically accepted terms from the ORIGINAL order date of 12/27/2021. According to new terms updated on CVRP website and per phone rep, they require proof of order date (which is basically the MVPA Final Sheet or Configuration Sheet once the order gets a VIN. As long as you placed order before 03/16/2022 you are good to go with any model Y!

“Technically" the base price for a Model Y is $39,995. The MYP package is considered an upgrade. So for the purpose of most EV rebates, it’s $39,995.
Yes, but I believe they've changed the structure as of March 15, 2022. Any Model Y ordered after this date has new terms. So it looks like they are now restructuring the "base" price of Model Y. Interested to see the new MVPAs for orders placed after March 15.

How about the income limit? That changed on Feb 24, 2022. I picked up my car in March and naturally assumes I had to go by the purchase date (and I no longer qualify based on the new limits). However, if it were based on order date, I would qualify.

How about the income limit? That changed on Feb 24, 2022. I picked up my car in March and naturally assumes I had to go by the purchase date (and I no longer qualify based on the new limits). However, if it were based on order date, I would qualify.
The income limit is based on your tax return and applies only if you are 'randomly selected' and are asked to provide proof.

• Informative
Reactions: pepperoni