Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Cyber(nota)truck even more Not a truck than I first thought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont hate it. Its just disappointing on so many levels. Price, range, charging, off-road capability. Hell, it still doesn't even have AutoPilot. Forget about things like locking hubs. I cant help but feel like Tesla knew this was going to be a big disappointment.. which is exactly why it took so long to come to production and all the major specs were purposely hidden until the very last minute.

Right now the best reason to buy a Cybertruck is because you want attention.

Stay here for a while… you will get it. The Cyberturd is a disaster. Nothing that Elon promised.

IMG_0539.gif

Your feelings would actually be hurt if someone called it a Turd to your face?

You need help.
Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all. If you had any type of reading comprehension, you would know that. I am saying people like you say what you want behind the safety of a keyboard, but when you enter the real world you are a different person.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all. If you had any type of reading comprehension, you would know that. I am saying people like you say what you want behind the safety of a keyboard, but when you enter the real world you are a different person.

You realize people will tell you it’s a Turd in different ways

“it looks ugly”
“Looks like a refrigerator”

etc etc

No one here has offended anyone personally, yet you are the one acting like a “keyboard warrior” with your “tell it to my face”

And you’re right, I’ll stick behind my keyboard, no need to deal with mental health cases like you who are offended that people don’t like their choice in vehicle…. Smh

You realize people will tell you it’s a Turd in different ways

“it looks ugly”
“Looks like a refrigerator”

etc etc

No one here has offended anyone personally, yet you are the one acting like a “keyboard warrior” with your “tell it to my face”

And you’re right, I’ll stick behind my keyboard, no need to deal with mental health cases like you who are offended that people don’t like their choice in vehicle…. Smh
When did I ever say that? In fact, I will welcome it. Keyboard warrior got their feelings hurt here. You are the one feeling hurt right now.

Getting my turd this weekend. Please come up to me in public and call it a turd to my face you keyboard warriors! Please take a shower and brush your teeth before you leave the house though.
You are exactly the kind of person that should drive a Cyberturd. hahahahahaha....HA!
(Just be glad the fanbois run this site because that goes against the "environment" TMC claims it promote.)
The cyberturd is a gleaming stainless steel shard. If you don't like the look, or aren't heavily invested in TSLA, you'd see Tesla failed to deliver a worthwhile truck. It is a pretend electric citified SUV (Spaceship Universe Vehicle). Nothing makes it a truck. It's half SUV, and half weird trunk.
No thought was put into making the "trunk" usable. One thing I haven't mentioned because there is just so much that is wrong with the Cyberturd is the Designer's avoidance of useable 90 degree angles for the sake of a cool look. When you look at everything they "designed" in the bed they only got ONE thing right. They did a spray in liner of the Stainless steel slick bed with the slits in it for "attachment points." Even the idiots that designed this truck couldn't put that "original" catastrophic design into the Cyberturd. Probably because of the cost, not because they got any sense.
ALL the improvements were from the vehicle core design part of Tesla. None from a Cyberturd engineer was intelligent... it's like Elon listened to a five yr old. And then pretended he was making a truck when all he really wanted was a CyberHummer. He didn't want it to look like a Hummer, but he wanted it to be a Hummer. An attention-creating possession.
800 and 48 electrical engineering is awesome. But that was designed for all of the models to come. Not a "truck" thing.
Elon pretends that the Turd was designed for off-roading. EVERY Model of Tesla had the ability to allow the owners to securely sleep in the back in comfort and SECURITY. The one time you fell vulnerable when you go to sleep in a strange place in a tent is vulnerable. Bandits or bears oh my! And tesla's answer. Buy our $3000 tent that sleeps two (if they are really really friendly).
How in the hell Elon could not provide, or did not engineer the trunk of the Cyberturd into a "Bulletproof" sleeping pod goes beyond my imagination unless I consider that he should just go play with his silly Martian Rockets and/or a pretend to be free speech Social network platform.
The back half or the Cyberturd is just an odd-shaped, leaky, ugly, expensive worthless space. No effort went into designing that space for use. It's as if they intentionally ignored it. Or they just realized all their money for engineering was spent on wireless steering and electrical Engineering So nothing was left to design the trunk properly. If Tesla had put a completely flat bed back there it would be a vast improvement over the jumble of horse crap that it is.

Last edited:
I am too poor to buy a Rolls Royce Spectre. However, I won't bash the person buying it or the car itself. If it makes someone happy, I don't care. Too much negativity in this world.

Again, let me repeat it. No one has personally offended anyone as far as I know.

The criticism is towards the Car that needs improvements from Tesla in order to deliver what they are capable of. Some of us think it’s a half assed attempt, while some think it’s the end all be all. The positivity outweighs the negativity and at least to me that slows down any type of improvements that need to be made.

You’re right. I’m too poor.
You're too poor, and too smart. Elon bullet-pointed several metrics. And he reiterated them over and over again. And for FOUR YEARS he never once said the cyber(NOT A)truck would not meet those metrics. And he had TWO WHOLE YEARS more time for his engineering prowess to engineer and design a vehicle that could meet those metrics.
And in the end he pretended like what he continuously told us was not important. And he did not move the goal posts. He ripped them out of the ground and took them back in the desert and burned them.
And then just as quickly pointed to 4-wheel turning, 800, and 48 whatever, "See what a cool "Truck" you are getting." It is not a truck. Just as I said in the first few months on the Cybertruck Forum. "This cyber thing is not a truck. It is going to be many things for many people. You can't put it in "The Truck" Box. I thought it would function as a worse truck than a Soccer mom's van. Little did I know I would be so right. But All along I knew it would be suitable for camping. How could it NOT be. Every Telsa has that ability. But not the one vehicle that was supposed to be off-road capable. really? REALLY? There is no way to explain how poorly the decision to not provide a camping option in which the people could sleep inside the safe and secure "Bulletproof" stainless steel structure. Nope. Elon stupidly refused to scrap the rolltop "tonneau cover," and make the trunk (because that is what the covered area behind the passenger area is by definition) a place where you can store stuff you don't mind getting wet.

The only metric that was met or higher from the original stated metrics was cost. The Cybertruck is a polished turd. Hence, "Cyberturd."

Again, let me repeat it. No one has personally offended anyone as far as I know.

The criticism is towards the Car that needs improvements from Tesla in order to deliver what they are capable of. Some of us think it’s a half assed attempt, while some think it’s the end all be all. The positivity outweighs the negativity and at least to me that slows down any type of improvements that need to be made.

There also can be a civilized way of venting your frustrations. We live in a click bait world of negativity and it makes me sick.

I personally love the looks, design, and functionality of the truck. I could see how people could be upset by the promises Elon made, but that was not reality. I need a serviceable truck bed, which the truck has. I don't need to reach over the side for my case use. My towing will be 80 miles round trip at most. When the Cybertruck was revealed my house was worth $250,000, now it is worth $450,000. If someone was trying to buy my house should they be upset I am asking $450,000 now when they could have bought it 4/5 years ago for $200,000 less?

EV's are still in their infancy and the biggest issue is towing range. Unfortunately, I don't think doubling energy capacity per same weight will ever happen. The increases have been slowing over time as the technology matures. EV's may always be crappy towing vehicles unless some new battery technology is realized. This truck is also meets all my demands in California with our moderate climate and charging infrastructure.

Let's be real about the pick-up truck market in the United States. People drive them as commuters and grocery fetchers. If you are an actual user of a truck, you are in the minority. The F150 sold about 750,000 units in 2023. How many of them needed the capability of a truck that needs to tow long distances or have a reach over toolbox installed in their bed? The fact is trucks are not used as trucks for the majority of people who buy them. My friend is an IT contractor and 100% of his use could be met by this truck. He needs a bed for equipment, large rolls of wiring, drywall, and having the outlets is a must.

There also can be a civilized way of venting your frustrations. We live in a click bait world of negativity and it makes me sick.

I personally love the looks, design, and functionality of the truck. I could see how people could be upset by the promises Elon made, but that was not reality. I need a serviceable truck bed, which the truck has. I don't need to reach over the side for my case use. My towing will be 80 miles round trip at most. When the Cybertruck was revealed my house was worth $250,000, now it is worth $450,000. If someone was trying to buy my house should they be upset I am asking $450,000 now when they could have bought it 4/5 years ago for $200,000 less?

EV's are still in their infancy and the biggest issue is towing range. Unfortunately, I don't think doubling energy capacity per same weight will ever happen. The increases have been slowing over time as the technology matures. EV's may always be crappy towing vehicles unless some new battery technology is realized. This truck is also meets all my demands in California with our moderate climate and charging infrastructure.

Let's be real about the pick-up truck market in the United States. People drive them as commuters and grocery feychers. If you are an actual user of a truck, you are in the minority. The F150 sold about 750,000 units in 2023. How many of them needed the capability of a truck that needs to tow long distances or have a reach over toolbox installed in their bed?
If you took money from me and told me in 2 years I could buy your house for $250,000 but instead made me wait 4 years and then charged me $450,000. And the house was not anywhere near what you claimed then at best you'd be ridiculed. You'd make one of those segments where the "injured party" got the local news to see what they could do to you.
What Elon/Tesla did was exceptional poor. At face value it is a fraud of monumental proportions.

Reactions: TessP100D
If you took money from me and told me in 2 years I could buy your house for $250,000 but instead made me wait 4 years and then charged me $450,000. And the house was not anywhere near what you claimed then at best you'd be ridiculed. You'd make one of those segments where the "injured party" got the local news to see what they could do to you.
What Elon/Tesla did was exceptional poor. At face value it is a fraud of monumental proportions.

How long have you been following Tesla? Anyone with any critical thinking skills should have realized that Elon makes insane "promises" that will never come to reality. Trusting Elon was your mistake and you only have yourself to blame for that.

You could have received $250 back at any time. Tesla lawyers know what they are doing and good luck on calling yourself an "injured party" in a lawsuit. Welcome to the car world. You could have ordered a car from Ford for MSRP for $50,000 and then it gets to the lot and the dealership charges you $80,000 with their markup. Yes, car dealerships can markup pre-ordered cars before delivery.

Reactions: zoomer0056
You are exactly the kind of person that should drive a Cyberturd. hahahahahaha....HA!
(Just be glad the fanbois run this site because that goes against the "environment" TMC claims it promote.)
The cyberturd is a gleaming stainless steel shard. If you don't like the look, or aren't heavily invested in TSLA, you'd see Tesla failed to deliver a worthwhile truck. It is a pretend electric citified SUV (Spaceship Universe Vehicle). Nothing makes it a truck. It's half SUV, and half weird trunk.
No thought was put into making the "trunk" usable. One thing I haven't mentioned because there is just so much that is wrong with the Cyberturd is the Designer's avoidance of useable 90 degree angles for the sake of a cool look. When you look at everything they "designed" in the bed they only got ONE thing right. They did a spray in liner of the Stainless steel slick bed with the slits in it for "attachment points." Even the idiots that designed this truck couldn't put that "original" catastrophic design into the Cyberturd. Probably because of the cost, not because they got any sense.
ALL the improvements were from the vehicle core design part of Tesla. None from a Cyberturd engineer was intelligent... it's like Elon listened to a five yr old. And then pretended he was making a truck when all he really wanted was a CyberHummer. He didn't want it to look like a Hummer, but he wanted it to be a Hummer. An attention-creating possession.
800 and 48 electrical engineering is awesome. But that was designed for all of the models to come. Not a "truck" thing.
Elon pretends that the Turd was designed for off-roading. EVERY Model of Tesla had the ability to allow the owners to securely sleep in the back in comfort and SECURITY. The one time you fell vulnerable when you go to sleep in a strange place in a tent is vulnerable. Bandits or bears oh my! And tesla's answer. Buy our $3000 tent that sleeps two (if they are really really friendly).
How in the hell Elon could not provide, or did not engineer the trunk of the Cyberturd into a "Bulletproof" sleeping pod goes beyond my imagination unless I consider that he should just go play with his silly Martian Rockets and/or a pretend to be free speech Social network platform.
The back half or the Cyberturd is just an odd-shaped, leaky, ugly, expensive worthless space. No effort went into designing that space for use. It's as if they intentionally ignored it. Or they just realized all their money for engineering was spent on wireless steering and electrical Engineering So nothing was left to design the trunk properly. If Tesla had put a completely flat bed back there it would be a vast improvement over the jumble of horse crap that it is.
You’re pushing rope/chain here…. Not worth the effort.

• Funny
Reactions: tradosaurus