Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyberquad and Cybertruck for kids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Buckminster

Aug 29, 2018
UK
1714748-00-A_0.jpg

I share @StealthP3D 's view in the sense that this is just a toy without Tesla DNA except the looks. The add points to a steel frame (i.e. the chassis, NOT the body panels) and a general lithium-ion battery.

So even though it seems fun (and from an investor point of view, great return charging 1.900 USD for something that would cost 1.500 at most), it is a nothingburger in the Tesla story.

What I did find very interesting is that the promotional video for the Cyberquad also shows a working prototype of the adult Cyberquad (see here at 38 seconds for example):

(Franz first drives a kiddie Cyberquad, but later shots show an adult on an adult Cyberquad in my opinion. Am I seeing this right?)

TL;DR: the adult Cyberquad is still a thing

I share @StealthP3D 's view in the sense that this is just a toy without Tesla DNA except the looks. The add points to a steel frame (i.e. the chassis, NOT the body panels) and a general lithium-ion battery.

So even though it seems fun (and from an investor point of view, great return charging 1.900 USD for something that would cost 1.500 at most), it is a nothingburger in the Tesla story.

What I did find very interesting is that the promotional video for the Cyberquad also shows a working prototype of the adult Cyberquad (see here at 38 seconds for example):

(Franz first drives a kiddie Cyberquad, but later shots show an adult on an adult Cyberquad in my opinion. Am I seeing this right?)

TL;DR: the adult Cyberquad is still a thing
Yeah, looks bigger in the final frames. The one on the left is further back but appears larger and seems to fit the adult more comfortably.
2072C440-B691-4B2A-B96E-BD5B02CB40C2.png

How long to charge
I think I read 5 five hours to charge. Since this is the one or same one made by radio flyer I think one might be able to get extra batteries for it to be able to swap out? Up hill will use more power, not sure if downhill will do any regeneration, but I doubt it.

HAS ANYONE NOT RECEIVED THEIR QUad yet???? I ordered on 12/2 snd still no tracking or anything. Reached out to tesla for an update and got a generic response along the lines of “orders ship between 2-4 weeks”… well, it’s been over 4 weeks snd I don’t even have a tracking # yet.

Reactions: IdaX