Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suggestion: Don’t believe anything that comes out of Elon’s mouth.

I saw this the other day and just had to save it.

Screenshot 2023-12-26 085701.png

Do people here not understand that Tesla is cash flow negative on the Cybertruck for the next year or more? When you pay 120 grand to them for one, you’re offsetting that. When you pay 20 grand in mark up to your local Ford dealer for a lightning, you don’t benefit the financials for the product. And Ford is losing lots of money on Lightnings.
Yes, that’s pretty obvious and basic market economics. Having said that, I would not be one wanting to pay out the @$$ for this product. Like the refreshed S/X Plaids, the price will be cut once the loyalists demand is satisfied. Loaded Plaids used to sell for $145k. Today, under $90k.

Ya, and? Not every CT needs a vault cover. I would actually remove it as I would be putting a camper shell on the back anyway.
Because it is a safety issue and many would still use the vault cover. Seriously you can't understand those basic things.
Putting on the ignore list because you are simply illogical and inconsiderate and can't have a genuine conversation.

Do people here not understand that Tesla is cash flow negative on the Cybertruck for the next year or more? When you pay 120 grand to them for one, you’re offsetting that. When you pay 20 grand in mark up to your local Ford dealer for a lightning, you don’t benefit the financials for the product. And Ford is losing lots of money on Lightnings.
Yep. They need to ramp up like there's no tomorrow to have a chance at reducing production costs. They estimated up to 18 months which probably means 36. :)

You're hilarious. I won't bother to correct your misinformation, your mind was made up before you posted...cheers.
@Midpack good response

Guys, why all of the insane negativity? the CT delivered while forces out of anyone's control pushed things slightly

covid, pandemic supply chain challenges since 2019
inflation, applied to the original prices has the new prices at justifiable numbers
4680 challenges are expected as Tesla is pushing battery tech far, they are not there yet

if you are angry with the resulting CT, which a majority are not, buy something else, dont be a hater

Cybertruck is such a scam. Tesla bypassing early reservation holders to see who will pony up an extra $20K ON TOP of a ~50% price increase on all models from reveal. Terrible ~320 mile range that will be like 250 miles in real life and 200 in winter. No spare tire. If you get a spare tire it will take up most of the bed.

"Range Extender" is never coming out and is complete Tesla BS vaporware. That would take up the remaining bed space. Not even a way to connect it in the bed. So a Cybertruck with spare and range extender isn't even a pickup truck anymore. Tesla's idiotic fixed headrest seats that give you neck pain after an hour.

Stupid white interior on a truck. No opening moonroof or rear window are huge misses. No HVAC in the bed as promised. Towing is going to be laughable with that tiny 123 kWh battery. The sales of this truck will tank once Tesla scams all of the "gotta have it now" Tesla fan-bois out of an extra $20K while pissing off the rest of their customers by putting them to the end of the line.

The REAL price of the Cybertruck is dual motor $100K and Tri-motor $120K. Only "Founders Editions" will be made for 2024/2025. The RWD is also vaporware and not coming out for many many many years if at all. Neither is the "$80K AWD" or "$100K Beast".
It's not a scam. It might be bad business as they might lose some sales but you can get your $100 deposit back, right? Not the biggest scam I've ever heard of.

It's not a scam. It might be bad business as they might lose some sales but you can get your $100 deposit back, right? Not the biggest scam I've ever heard of.
im not completely following how foundation orders were offered and handled, but agree if the original reservations were not contacted and offered a Foundation at the justified price, the included accessories ranges from $15K to $20K, that was wrong

I'd be angry
i would not be angry at what was delivered, the CT is amazing, I have seen it in person a few times

im not completely following how foundation orders were offered and handled, but agree if the original reservations were not contacted and offered a Foundation at the justified price, the included accessories ranges from $15K to $20K, that was wrong

I'd be angry
i would not be angry at what was delivered, the CT is amazing, I have seen it in person a few times
To each.

I'd be angry
People have every right to be upset, cancel their reservation deposit for a refund, and never buy a Tesla again (or ever). But a scam implies to me at least of some illegal activity which this isn't.

Tesla should be going down the list and finding out who, in order, wants to upgrade to the Founders edition and who wants to wait.

Cybertruck is such a scam. Tesla bypassing early reservation holders to see who will pony up an extra $20K ON TOP of a ~50% price increase on all models from reveal. Terrible ~320 mile range that will be like 250 miles in real life and 200 in winter. No spare tire. If you get a spare tire it will take up most of the bed.

"Range Extender" is never coming out and is complete Tesla BS vaporware. That would take up the remaining bed space. Not even a way to connect it in the bed. So a Cybertruck with spare and range extender isn't even a pickup truck anymore. Tesla's idiotic fixed headrest seats that give you neck pain after an hour.

Stupid white interior on a truck. No opening moonroof or rear window are huge misses. No HVAC in the bed as promised. Towing is going to be laughable with that tiny 123 kWh battery. The sales of this truck will tank once Tesla scams all of the "gotta have it now" Tesla fan-bois out of an extra $20K while pissing off the rest of their customers by putting them to the end of the line.

The REAL price of the Cybertruck is dual motor $100K and Tri-motor $120K. Only "Founders Editions" will be made for 2024/2025. The RWD is also vaporware and not coming out for many many many years if at all. Neither is the "$80K AWD" or "$100K Beast".
But what do you REALLY think? LOL

• Funny
Reactions: Zybane and jebinc

The scam is "revealing" that the dual motor is $80K and the tri-motor is $100K. Those are FAKE prices for the media and chump deposit holders. The dual motor is $100K and the tri-motor is $120K to pad Tesla profit for years of "foundation editions".

Just like the original 2019 prices were a scam that were NEVER going to be met, even remotely, even pre-pandemic. It's all a lie.

The $7K FSD option was also a lie. It's clear that the full price $12K FSD is wrapped up into the FE pricing.

Anyway, once the ~50K or so Elon nut swingers get a CT, the demand will drop off a cliff. The $100 deposit to $100K 250 mile (real) range CT order conversion rate will be laughable.

Last edited:
The scam is "revealing" that the dual motor is $80K and the tri-motor is $100K. Those are FAKE prices for the media and chump deposit holders. The dual motor is $100K and the tri-motor is $120K to pad Tesla profit for years of "foundation editions".

Just like the original 2019 prices were a scam that were NEVER going to be met, even remotely, even pre-pandemic. It's all a lie.

The $7K FSD option was also a lie. It's clear that the full price $12K FSD is wrapped up into the FE pricing.

Anyway, once the ~50K or so Elon nut swingers get a CT, the demand will drop off a cliff. The $100 deposit to $100K 250 mile (real) range CT order conversion rate will be laughable.
Again, not a scam. You aren't contractually obligated to buy. You can feel like they pulled a bait and switch but you are out the money you would have made if you invested that $100 in the market. I'd just get a refund on the deposit and not deal with them anymore if that makes you happier.