Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honda/Acura had SH-AWD. Real torque-vectoring and it was amazing. It complex and expensive so they got rid of it. Probably just like the Prelude's 4-wheel steering.

I think torque vectoring, or mimicing it, is prevalent on performance cars these days. Just like how performance gassers have some variation of Honda's VTEC.

If this 4 wheel steering was so great, then why are we not seeing it in so many production vehicles?
Even Honda at one time had 4 wheel steering.

Elon, why do you do this to us? Do I keep the Dual Motor Model 3 with FSD AND get a Dual Motor CT or trade the the Model 3 and get the Quad Motor.

Dual Motor CT ~ $38k after tax credit
Quad Motor CT ~ $32k ($80k CT - $8k tax credit - $40k trade in)

Yes, I know it's way to early to make plans but we can guess at prices.

Elon, why do you do this to us? Do I keep the Dual Motor Model 3 with FSD AND get a Dual Motor CT or trade the the Model 3 and get the Quad Motor.

Dual Motor CT ~ $38k after tax credit
Quad Motor CT ~ $32k ($80k CT - $8k tax credit - $40k trade in)

Yes, I know it's way to early to make plans but we can guess at prices.
Damn. I must have missed this pricing announcement.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Mazda had a 4 wheel steering RX-7 back in the 90s. Tire wear and maintaining proper wheel alignment were always a problem. They dropped it.
Dynamic toe (NOT 4wheel steering) on the FC was an issue in corners, worn bushings exasperated said issue.

They dropped it because the FD was a double wishbone, not trailing arm style.

The z32/R32-34 all kept 4ws to make the boats turn better.