Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Reservations Purportedly Top Half A Million

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a curious thing, I've seen many users posting that they have multiple reservations. I doubt many are planning to actually buy more than one Cybertruck, so are people hoping to sell the other reservations off at some point I guess?

I was unsure of exactly which CT model I wanted at first, but I still ordered a Dual motor just to grab my place in line. I later amended it to a Triple and they kindly preserved my RN...hopefully I should be among the first 40,000 to receive one...or even sooner, if that many people ordered multiples and enough pare theirs down...

One in Multi-Cam Black, then whatever my wife wants.
Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 7.25.11 PM.png

• Disagree
Reactions: jfinephilly
It's a curious thing, I've seen many users posting that they have multiple reservations. I doubt many are planning to actually buy more than one Cybertruck, so are people hoping to sell the other reservations off at some point I guess?

Two reserved, and will be purchased. They will be on opposite sides of the country, and needed. Hopefully with a solar setup as well on one of them. I think many assume that double orders will be canceled.

Just a thought. If Tesla can produce initial 75k a year of truck. Demand is whatever figure you want of the 500k. Pick a number. Lets say 200k. If early reservations of +2 or greater can see potential in secondary market those early on multiple reservation holders might take more than one. Supporting for a period of time that the multiple reservations holders would convert to sales. If you were a couple hours late to the game your reservation could from what I am seeing be pushed a ways back if we read into capacity talks. You want the truck. You might pay a premium.

Cool vid! I am wondering what the weight of that truck must be, for that much suspension travel and suppleness I am thinking rather light. So I'm worried the CT may be (too) heavy with all that battery range, ordered me a Triple with purported dual-layer battery config I read about somewhere.

Cancelled mine. Placed because of the hype. I'm not a truck guy. Drove my Dad's old Ram 2500 quad cab which was 19 feet and was way too big/non enjoyable to navigate around on the roads. The worst obviously was parking it. Awful experience in a vehicle. As badass as CYBRTRK will be, the same issue will exist for parking. So it's a pass for me actually owning one. Won't mind being driven in one though