Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Reservations Purportedly Top Half A Million

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may be an unpopular opinion here, but $100 refundable deposit for some bragging rights in not that much. I know multiple people who absolutely cannot afford or buy even a 40k version that have reservations. I presume many more will drop off because of the sheer size of the thing, and it would be quite a change from any of the SEXY lineup. However if only half of the people come through, CYBRTRK is a hit.

Apparently you've never tried to use the self parking feature...I've gotten it to work ONCE, in 3 years of ownership and 3 different vehicles. The one time it did work, it was so close to the curb that I said I'd never do it again.
I've gotten it to work once in 5 years of ownership plus a couple of aborted attempts where it just stopped in the middle of the operation. I ignore it now.

• Informative
Reactions: Qbenjamin
From an article on Teslarati. Estimated total orders: 622,000.

"Considering the Cybertruck’s growing popularity, it is not surprising that the all-electric truck eventually spawned a dedicated online group. Dubbed the Cybertruck Owners Club, the group presented an opportunity for future owners of the vehicle to interact with each other. The group also started an initiative to track the estimated number of Cybertruck reservations that Tesla has received to date.

"So far, the group’s crowdsourced tally has listed the Cybertruck’s total reservations at approximately 622,000 since the vehicle was unveiled. These figures definitely seem optimistic, but it does go in line with CEO Elon Musk’s statements during the first-quarter earnings call, where he briefly discussed the Cybertruck’s demand. When asked by Loup Ventures’ Gene Munster about the Cybertruck’s reception so far, Musk stated that the demand for the all-electric pickup has been unprecedented."

I am expecting no more than 200K of the reservations will turn into puchases
Au contraire mon frère.
Your comment reminds me of the forum comments from 2012 on the Model S. Tesla won’t be able to meet the demand and will have to create more production facilities. I personally can’t wait, I have two triple orders in (see signature) and many of neighbors who don’t even have a Tesla are getting one too. The range and utility is what hooked them. If they add a whole house backup power option they will be sold out for years to come.

I ordered late, so if half the people in front of me drop out, good for me! The sooner I get the thing the better. But I suspect once that truck hits the road, anyone undecided is going to do everything possible to get it. So there won’t be very many drop outs.

Au contraire mon frère.
Your comment reminds me of the forum comments from 2012 on the Model S. Tesla won’t be able to meet the demand and will have to create more production facilities. I personally can’t wait, I have two triple orders in (see signature) and many of neighbors who don’t even have a Tesla are getting one too. The range and utility is what hooked them. If they add a whole house backup power option they will be sold out for years to come.

Its not that I don't think Tesla can keep with demand but the reservation wasn't much of a financial risk and was refundable and with CV19 we still don't know when most people will be working again and how it will effect the future economy. I feel if the reservation price was $500 or $1k and non refundable the reservation # would have been much lower.

I will be keeping my reservation and puchasing

From an article on Teslarati. Estimated total orders: 622,000.

"Considering the Cybertruck’s growing popularity, it is not surprising that the all-electric truck eventually spawned a dedicated online group. Dubbed the Cybertruck Owners Club, the group presented an opportunity for future owners of the vehicle to interact with each other. The group also started an initiative to track the estimated number of Cybertruck reservations that Tesla has received to date.

"So far, the group’s crowdsourced tally has listed the Cybertruck’s total reservations at approximately 622,000 since the vehicle was unveiled. These figures definitely seem optimistic, but it does go in line with CEO Elon Musk’s statements during the first-quarter earnings call, where he briefly discussed the Cybertruck’s demand. When asked by Loup Ventures’ Gene Munster about the Cybertruck’s reception so far, Musk stated that the demand for the all-electric pickup has been unprecedented."

Impressive figure but not surprised it's this high already because Musk has said it will take 3-4 years or production to fulfill the demand so far. And he said that 2 months ago when there were even less reservations.

Do you guys think he made his 3-4 year estimate based on expanding the current factory to accomodate Cybertruck production or based on future Cybertruck Gigafactory output?

Last edited:
If you did not listen/watch the Third Row Tesla podcast this week, there was some good info in there. Someone said something about the 600,000 Cybertruck reservations to Elon and Elon did not correct them. He made it seem like that number was correct.