Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Showing It’s “Off Road” Toughness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EVs will have a significant off road advantage over gassers. The instant torque + ultra precise throttle control, plus exquisite software control will make EV amazing off road. While I loved my previous Grand Cherokees for off roading, my Model X is far superior. No oil pan, exhaust or differential hanging down catching rocks. Instead the flat floor can skip over many obstructions that the Jeep would get hung up on. Forward visibility is far better with a sloping hood instead of the flat and longer jeep hood.
Imaging the lightning will find it's off road niche.

This is the first time I’ve heard anyone complain about the cabin size being an issue. As a Lightning owner with 23k miles in 8 months I disagree that it sucks up a lot of juice, no more than what my Model 3 used to suck up.

Tesla has already fixed the charging issues, whether a SC with the Magic Doc is close to you or not is a separate issue. The Fact is Tesla with CCS will spread like a wildfire, it’s just a matter of time.

correct. it is fair to assume that nearly all "upcoming" Supercharger grey dots on the Tesla map will have the magic dock - particularly the ones with ETA Q3 / Q4 of this year or next year. Within 1-2 yrs you should be able to road-trip *just fine* on a CCS vehicle and using the magic dock. Or in other words: by the time the Cybertruck is being delivered in volume, the Supercharger network argument will be less important than it is now...

ABRP App is available on Apple Car play and has worked flawlessly on road trips.

Now with Tesla opening up the SC network it’s even better.

Please note that anything on You Tube is for clicks and clicks only. It’s not real life….. anyone of them could have downloaded ABRP and opened it up on the infotainment screen. If the Ford solely relied on the OEM Nav then you would have a point, but it doesn’t.
Well, you're making my point for an 'average' EV adopter, making them use a third-party app for a function that ought to be fully integrated into the car's native SW. When (non-Tesla) EV's get to the point where anyone can get into one and drive across a large chunk of real estate by simply saying 'Navigate to East Overshow, IL' and have the car easily and correctly plan out all of the stops, that's when adoption will really take off. For most EV's, it's not there yet.

And there are certainly plenty of reputable YouTubers out there - Out Of Spec Reviews, Branden Flasch, Bearded Tesla Guy, EV Dave, Tesla Bjorn....that provide provide real value and information. Kyle Connor on Out Of Spec in particular has been on a crusade to get Electrify America to fix their terrible charging issues. If you don't think that is valuable, I don't know what to say.

Well, you're making my point for an 'average' EV adopter, making them use a third-party app for a function that ought to be fully integrated into the car's native SW. When (non-Tesla) EV's get to the point where anyone can get into one and drive across a large chunk of real estate by simply saying 'Navigate to East Overshow, IL' and have the car easily and correctly plan out all of the stops, that's when adoption will really take off. For most EV's, it's not there yet.

And there are certainly plenty of reputable YouTubers out there - Out Of Spec Reviews, Branden Flasch, Bearded Tesla Guy, EV Dave, Tesla Bjorn....that provide provide real value and information. Kyle Connor on Out Of Spec in particular has been on a crusade to get Electrify America to fix their terrible charging issues. If you don't think that is valuable, I don't know what to say.

Again, most buyers coming out of ICE would have already used CarPlay and will find it familiar.

No one has said Electrify America is perfect, what I did say was Tesla has opened up their SC and will soon be available everywhere and that argument will be mute.

Again, most buyers coming out of ICE would have already used CarPlay and will find it familiar.

No one has said Electrify America is perfect, what I did say was Tesla has opened up their SC and will soon be available everywhere and that argument will be mute.
But again, using Carplay to use something like ABRP is the issue. I assume that native navigation systems will get better; I certainly would not want to depend on 2 third-party apps to drive cross country (and then another to charge). And while Tesla is opening the SC network, it's not going to be really useful until the V4 stalls with their longer cables get installed. I charge relatively frequently in Malta NY which has the Magic Dock installed. I was there 2 weeks ago and saw a Mach E charging, which was great - except for the fact that he blocked 2 stalls due to the charge port location above his driver's side front wheel.

Anyway, I'm done here. Going to drive my Model Y to Pennsylvania.

Reactions: buckets0fun
But again, using Carplay to use something like ABRP is the issue. I assume that native navigation systems will get better; I certainly would not want to depend on 2 third-party apps to drive cross country (and then another to charge). And while Tesla is opening the SC network, it's not going to be really useful until the V4 stalls with their longer cables get installed. I charge relatively frequently in Malta NY which has the Magic Dock installed. I was there 2 weeks ago and saw a Mach E charging, which was great - except for the fact that he blocked 2 stalls due to the charge port location above his driver's side front wheel.

Anyway, I'm done here. Going to drive my Model Y to Pennsylvania.

First ABRP was trash because you needed your phone

Then ABRP was trash because CarPlay has it

I’m Conclusion…. Tesla is the Bestest lol