Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Spotted LA (405 Freeway)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was on The 405 southbound this am just past Mulholland Bridge. Spotted this Cybertruck. Talked to the driver it's an RC. Looks so good in black.

tempImageC5Flz4.jpg

tempImageyOorLK.jpg
tempImageLASEnV.jpg

tempImagev7CSL8.jpg
tempImage9vfvHT.jpg

tempImage55kubU.jpg

I'm guessing a matte black vinyl wrap. Looks good.
I think wraps and PPFs are going to almost be a must on CT's. I know the panels can take a hard hit from blunt objects, but sharp scratches will be very difficult to repair short of very course wet sanding, then to match the rest will have to buff that entire panel.
Just so much easier to clean and maintain if it's wrapped. And clear/matte PPF would still show the original color if desired.
But I see all kinds of wraps being very popular, especially as easy they will be to apply with no/few curves on the CT.

If I lived in TX or CA, I would be starting a mobile vinyl wrapping biz immediately! Marketing directly to CT owners. Easy money.

Indeed it looks fantastic in black.

I'm getting mine in black, however I'm contemplating whether I want Tesla to do it or a 3rd party here in Chicago.
Im gonna do the black and through Tesla ONLY to see how their QC is and if they fix things easily since the wrap can lift. Will do a video on it. TBH the prices for a colored PPF is pretty reasonable and they wrap the interior doors and everything

Im gonna do the black and through Tesla ONLY to see how their QC is and if they fix things easily since the wrap can lift. Will do a video on it. TBH the prices for a colored PPF is pretty reasonable and they wrap the interior doors and everything
Just remember. Thats thousand of dollars each time you wrap it. They wear out. Pay again. Get a fender bender. Pay again. Grocery cart rips it. Pay again.

Reactions: buckets0fun
Just remember. Thats thousand of dollars each time you wrap it. They wear out. Pay again. Get a fender bender. Pay again. Grocery cart rips it. Pay again.
I can fully attest with what you are saying.

I hate re-wrapping the ground effects on my P3D. I do it myself and don't have to pay to get it done, but I Hate it. I always wonder if it would have been better to get it painted. Oh well.

I'm sure I won't be able to get the CT painted. right? I mean, what paint would stick to it?

Reactions: TessP100D
So do they not charge just to replace that one small piece? I'm wondering what the warranty is. Most PPF is 10 years so if it wears out they replace it for free. Lots of questions for a non branded ppf colored wrap.

Wraps last 2-3 years. If nothing happens to them.

Interesting - I might want to change from black to camo in 2 or so years.

The timeframe might give me some incentive to change what I wouldn't have changed.

I just wonder if a 3rd party installer/de-installer can easily remove Tesla's wrap - or should I get a standard non-wrapped beast CT and have a 3rd party do all my wrap. decisions decisions

Wraps last 2-3 years. If nothing happens to them.
To be clear this isn't a wrap. This is a colored paint protection film. Just like Xpel if you've heard of them.

For my tesla its a blue PPF that has a warranty for 10 years. Any issues, they replace for free. However, if a rock slices it that I just have to pay for that piece to be reinstalled.

Tesla does not sell wraps. They sell paint protection films which is funny because the Cyber has no paint. I spoke to tesla's product manager lead. He didn't want to tell me any specifics and said anything you can find on the website. He told me the brand they are using is a brand everyone knows but can't say. He also said, they wrap the edges completely and do the jams so its like a full paint job.

But he for some reason wouldn't tell me the warranty, etc haha.

I'm guessing a matte black vinyl wrap. Looks good.
I think wraps and PPFs are going to almost be a must on CT's. I know the panels can take a hard hit from blunt objects, but sharp scratches will be very difficult to repair short of very course wet sanding, then to match the rest will have to buff that entire panel.
Just so much easier to clean and maintain if it's wrapped. And clear/matte PPF would still show the original color if desired.
But I see all kinds of wraps being very popular, especially as easy they will be to apply with no/few curves on the CT.

If I lived in TX or CA, I would be starting a mobile vinyl wrapping biz immediately! Marketing directly to CT owners. Easy money.
I've seen a few DeLoreans and despite being 40yrs old, few show scratches. I wouldn't worry about that so much... especially because it's a truck, it's kind of expected.

Wrapping that thing will be SUPER easy. Definitely a DIY job, it's all flat panels with no curves (the difficult part of ppf)

To be clear this isn't a wrap. This is a colored paint protection film. Just like Xpel if you've heard of them.

For my tesla its a blue PPF that has a warranty for 10 years. Any issues, they replace for free. However, if a rock slices it that I just have to pay for that piece to be reinstalled.

Tesla does not sell wraps. They sell paint protection films which is funny because the Cyber has no paint. I spoke to tesla's product manager lead. He didn't want to tell me any specifics and said anything you can find on the website. He told me the brand they are using is a brand everyone knows but can't say. He also said, they wrap the edges completely and do the jams so its like a full paint job.

But he for some reason wouldn't tell me the warranty, etc haha.
Yea ok. It’s a renewable maintenance item.