Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyclists?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive done very little reading about the Y. But I assume t should allow the loading of a bike or two?
Removing wheels is a pain with a dirty bike and thru axles. Often you need to clean the bike before pulling the axle out as it is mud and ice encrusted.
Sedans are sedans though. I told my wife tonight it won’t be the model 3. I wonder what the pricing on the Y will be?

Having read most of your postings here, I'm surprised it took until now for you to figure out the Model 3 would definitely not be the car for you! I knew this weeks ago based on nothing more than all your posts that had a negative slant on the Model 3. It never occured to me that you actually wanted one! Now I'm curious, why did you think you wanted one to begin with?

• Funny
Reactions: Dre78
Having read most of your postings here, I'm surprised it took until now for you to figure out the Model 3 would definitely not be the car for you! I knew this weeks ago based on nothing more than all your posts that had a negative slant on the Model 3. It never occured to me that you actually wanted one! Now I'm curious, why did you think you wanted one to begin with?

The performance. Nothing beats EV acceleration. And I am a tech junkie car guy. You know that by now. I never knew it was so tight as I had never seen one. I really want a sport wagon but obviously that is not offered at this time.
And by the way, I am as critical of all vehicles. The only brand loyalty I somewhat hold is to the Ford SD trucks because of the solid axles.
I may look at another VW wagon in the meantime. The old Focus is nearly done so I need another commuter/bike hauler.

Well, me too. But it was a motor bike, not a pedal bike. Still, you think Tesla are expensive after spending $10K on a pedal bike?

I never said I can’t afford a Tesla. I said they are to expensive for most. And if we want to get rid of gas powered vehicles....
Btw did you know that there are 12 container ship that produce more emissions that all the cars on the road combined?
I have 14 bikes. I routinely take 2 bikes and a set of wheels to a cross race.

Btw did you know that there are 12 container ship that produce more emissions that all the cars on the road combined?
Although container ships pollute, they don't generally pollute in cities where people live. This isn't to say that it's okay for them to pollute, just that they may have less of an effect on health than cars.

And if we want to get rid of gas powered vehicles....

That's only true for sulphur emissions and it's because those ships are still burning heavy bunker oil with high sulphur content. Gasoline has very little sulphur in comparison. The trend is to get these polluters to switch to cleaner technologies like low sulphur fuel oil and natural gas. In fact, the U.S. has been regulating sulphur emissions of ships entering US waters. Your implication that we shouldn't try to make our cities cleaner by switching to cleaner EV's because ships in International Waters pollute more sulphur than cars is an odd argument to make. Especially on a Tesla forum.

Do you refuse to recycle your aluminum cans because one plane crashing into the ocean wastes more aluminum than all the cans from an entire community? What are the implications for safe sex when we know that one prostitute with VD can spread it to more people than you could?

You have an odd way of looking at the world we all share.

Last edited:
That's only true for sulphur emissions and it's because those ships are still burning heavy bunker oil with high sulphur content. Gasoline has very little sulphur in comparison. The trend is to get these polluters to switch to cleaner technologies like low sulphur fuel oil and natural gas. In fact, the U.S. has been regulating sulphur emissions of ships entering US waters. Your implication that we shouldn't try to make our cities cleaner by switching to cleaner EV's because ships in International Waters pollute more sulphur than cars is an odd argument to make. Especially on a Tesla forum.

Do you refuse to recycle your aluminum cans because one plane crashing into the ocean wastes more aluminum than all the cans from an entire community? What are the implications for safe sex when we know that one prostitute with VD can spread it to more people than you could?

You have an odd way of looking at the world we all share.

I ride year round to take my car off the road. So I am serious about emissions. We all share the same atmosphere and modern cars are the least polluting of mass transport compared with aircraft and ships. But they only carry 1 or 2 people at a time.
Where I live it will be a real test for an EV. It was -42 when I left for Cancun. And it’s been like that for a week or two. But I am still willing to try it. I’m not a Tesla hater as you think. I’ve always thought the tech was groundbreaking and extremely interesting. I hope the company flourishes as I have stock. Kind of hoping for 200 dollars again but oh well.
But I really wish for a sport wagon. What a sleeper that would be.

I ride year round to take my car off the road. So I am serious about emissions. We all share the same atmosphere and modern cars are the least polluting of mass transport compared with aircraft and ships. But they only carry 1 or 2 people at a time.
Where I live it will be a real test for an EV. It was -42 when I left for Cancun. And it’s been like that for a week or two. But I am still willing to try it. I’m not a Tesla hater as you think. I’ve always thought the tech was groundbreaking and extremely interesting. I hope the company flourishes as I have stock. Kind of hoping for 200 dollars again but oh well.
But I really wish for a sport wagon. What a sleeper that would be.

You don't convince me. Sorry.

I've got a 2010 Prius (3rd generation). It's smaller in length and width than the Model 3, and I can fit my road bike in the back without taking the wheels off. I brought my bike for a test drive of the Model 3 to see if I'd be able to do the same. Couldn't tell if I would need to take off the front wheel because the bike won't fit through the narrow space between the wheel wells without taking the seat post off or lowering it. The seat post isn't intended to be adjusted very often on a modern carbon fiber bike. Carbon assembly paste and a torque wrench are required.

I'm 6' 2" and my saddle height is pretty high. From the bottom of the large chainring to the highest part of the saddle, my bike is roughly 37.5". Space between the wheel wells is about 36.5". Pretty sure I can make the frame fit by removing both wheels, but it's disappointing compared to the Prius, not to mention the convenience of a hatch vs. small trunk opening.

• Informative
Reactions: ricohman
Really? I know the original middle row seats in the X were not very versatile but I assume the folding middle row (and third row) in the newer X's provide more room than an S. But happy to be wrong on this.
I haven't looked at an X in a few months and I haven't seen every permutation, but the ones I looked at didn't appear to have as much room for cargo as my S with the rear seats folded.

Reactions: dixosw