Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DAB radio text and scrolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was going to post a Feature Request in the Model 3 UI forum asking that the DAB information text line scroll. On the stations I listen to, the programme name often takes up the whole space and I can't see the name of the track. I seem to remember that other DAB radios I've seen scroll the text right to left.

BUT then I saw a few comments that it's illegal to scroll the radio text in the UK. Wasn't that just RDS (analoge FM radio data) and not DAB? Anyone know the definitive position?

And on the subject of digital radio, a couple of videos I've seen seem to show two lines of information on the US's HD-Radio (the US doesn't use DAB).

Reactions: MacPaul
I was going to post a Feature Request in the Model 3 UI forum asking that the DAB information text line scroll. On the stations I listen to, the programme name often takes up the whole space and I can't see the name of the track. I seem to remember that other DAB radios I've seen scroll the text right to left.

BUT then I saw a few comments that it's illegal to scroll the radio text in the UK. Wasn't that just RDS (analoge FM radio data) and not DAB? Anyone know the definitive position?

And on the subject of digital radio, a couple of videos I've seen seem to show two lines of information on the US's HD-Radio (the US doesn't use DAB).
Request it, it drives me mad!

Just taken ownership on a M3LR. The dab information is not very good. When the display is minimised it does not even show the full name of the station selected, and no logos? It could easily be improved.

The station logo appears for some stations it seems - I found it once while arguing with the voice control trying to tune capital FM in Scotland (no idea which capital station it randomly selected but it had the artwork).

I suspect the lack of logo is probably down to stations not broadcasting it in the exact way Tesla expects it.

Reactions: andylaight