Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daily Driving w/White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My daily drive hasn't been impacted by the seats. :p

But to the gist of your question, it is fine. The vegan leather cleans very easily with a baby wipe or moist towelette, and looks wonderful. I take our dog to daycare in the mornings and he likes to lick the seats and gets regular grime from his paws all over the front of the seat -- it wipes right off.

Never use baby wipes on upholstery. There are a lot of sites claiming it's a good idea but the few that actually know what they're talking about will advise against it. They are pH alkaline and loaded with aggressive chemicals (some are now advising against their use on babies.) I even came across a link where a young woman had used a baby wipe, once, to clean her violin and it attacked the lacquer. Use well known automotive products. I also have the white interior, BTW.

Please stop recommending magic erasers, they are abrasive and will wear the seats.

here is the list of cleaning product recommendations from the seat material manufacturer

https://www.ultrafabricsinc.com/sites/default/files/environment/Disinfectants_3-2018.pdf

Great link. To those who don't know, our seats are Ultraleather, from the attached brand. ;)

Personally 28k on mine and holding up fine. I have used this and it cleans VERY well and is made for synthetic leather. Minimal blue jean transfer as well and it wipes right off. Zero regrets about getting the white (except for the reflection of the white dash trim in my tinted windows, that's another story) even with a teen and a pre-teen.

Cleaning & Conditioning Kit for faux leather | COLOURLOCK | Colourlock Leather Repair