Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Damage Estimate Please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone: The pics may make it look worse than it is, but I rubbed another car (my own!). You'll see some Greyish scuff marks and there's 2 very small parts where it's "chipped?" - I don't know if that's the word - not very deep at all. Then you'll notice the thing at the bottom of the car is kinda popped off a bit in the middle. Please let me know what this should cost me to get all fixed. Thank you. -David
Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 12.20.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-07 at 12.20.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-07 at 12.20.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-07 at 12.20.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-07 at 12.19.47 PM.png

Here's hoping your other car is a light color...
Often that type of contact is just a transfer of the other color. I have found a good rub with mineral spirits removes most of it, and working the area with a fingertip and rag with swirl remover (a very light rubbing compound) will get the rest.
The first ding always hurts the worst...

Reactions: Dana1
Sorry about the bad luck, I agree the first hurts the worst. If you want it back to original it looks deep enough in some spots that it will require a repaint. I can't really speak to costs to repair, I assume it may carry an additional Tesla premium.

Bring it to a scratch and dent place. I bet 95% of it buffs out. Probably less than $100.00

What was gouged will cost a whole lot more and I have no idea.

Curious how it happened if you don't mind sharing.

Bring it to a scratch and dent place. I bet 95% of it buffs out. Probably less than $100.00

I don't know if it came with PPF

That would be nice - Can you recommend a Scratch & Dent place? I've never heard of that - I'm in Vegas. Thanks!

It happened bc I was an idiot! I was parked next to my old car too closely and thought that my M3 beeped when something was too close to the side of me, and I was tired.

I don't know if it came with PPF

That would be nice - Can you recommend a Scratch & Dent place? I've never heard of that - I'm in Vegas. Thanks!

It happened bc I was an idiot! I was parked next to my old car too closely and thought that my M3 beeped when something was too close to the side of me, and I was tired.

Sometimes called Paintless Dent removal. Just google that in Google maps and check the reviews.
I have no idea in your area. Some detail shops might do it too. It looks like mostly clearcoat that is scuffed up.

Get a price at a body shop too and decide. Not sure if something that minor would need an official Tesla approved body shop. Assuming they can get paint codes.

This is the exact type of stuff Film is meant to help with. While the film probably wouldn't survive a rub like this, it would save you from paint and body work and how much that can cost.

How can I find out if I have the film?

You’d know. You would have brought it to a detail shop and paid $1000’s to have it put on.