Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 week old MYP - reversed into fire hose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
which is why my insurance is always for my choice of repairer.
Exactly . When the Toyo Stealer offered to repair my busted LC200 tailgate which they caused (upthread)
. I declined the offer and took it to my guy. Likely the Toyo Stealer would have outsourced it to the lowest bidder.

I've heard though that the insurers can decline your choice of repairer if the quote from them is beyond what they are happy to accept

I made sure my comprehensive policy included choice of repairer, although I'm hoping to not have to go through insurance for relatively minor cosmetic damage. I managed to get quite a good premium (compared to what other insurers were asking) and I have the maximum No Claim Discount, so I'd prefer not to lose that and have my premiums increase for several years.

Reactions: Quickst
For anyone who's interested, it has been fixed. I booked it in at Coastal Collision Repairs on Sunshine Coast, QLD.

Would highly recommend to anyone in the area - they did a fantastic job matching the paint on the car (looks a bit different in the photo due to outside lighting difference), and were an absolute pleasure to deal with.

FC46193C-AC56-4E2B-9313-EE45CBAA120C.JPG

Reactions: BegaPride and paulp
@PG93
Do you think the spoiler provided some protection?
I guess it probably spared what would have been more paint if the spoiler hadn't been there. Unfortunately the spoiler was the most expensive part of the repair.
Thanks for the followup. Looks like a tidy job.

I take it the spoiler was replaced rather than repaired?

Yes sir. that is a great job. Let us know if the spoiler was replaced or repaired. All looks good.
Yes indeed - nothing could be done for the damaged one, it had to be replaced entirely.

Seems like they did a better job on that part too. The spoiler from the factory had a slight gap between it and the car body at one end, whereas this one is pressed up as close as it can be on a curve.

For anyone who's interested, it has been fixed.
Good stuff. Theres no way in hell that damage was going to even be remotely fixed by compounding then polishing lol :cool:

Its clearly plastically deformed the panel contour as theres blind freeddy low spots, ultra low. As too those scratches some of them are deep way beyond the clear coat obviously. Theres simply no avoiding grinding that whole area out in sanding to the alloy - shaping it back to where the panel needs to be hopefully without using a crap tonne of bog - then all the effort to spray it and blend into the rest

Reactions: PG93