Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drove my brand new model y over a curb! Please advise!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all! I recently got my MYLR (literally last Friday - 3/31) and today I accidentally drove over a curb while turning left at a signal. The curb was unexpectedly high and both my left tires went over it and heard some sound which I think is the bottom of the car hitting the curb (part of that sound was also my heart breaking). I was stuck in traffic for almost an hour contemplating the damage and just checked my car after getting home.

I don't see any cosmetic damage on the tires and on the side of my car BUT before I could celebrate, I kneeled and peeked at the bottom only to find scratches at the bottom of my car. After taking some pictures with my phone, I realized the scratches were more than what I expected. I uploaded the images here
About the images -- 2nd pic is the right side (no damage side) of the car (image clicked with car on my right). You can compare this with 4th pic which is the left side of the car (damaged side) and image clicked with car on my left (also image is vertical with front tire towards the bottom and vice versa). 3rd pic is the image of the damaged side with me facing the car (you can see the edge of the car and me). I don't know what the orange thing (which seems to be broken) is.
There are some scratches on the mud guard near the back tire as well (which is not in the images).

Does this cause any damage to car's battery? Is this something I should be concerned about? Should I book a service appointment to get my Tesla checked/repaired?
Less than a week and I'm heart broken. Please advise! Thanks in advance!

Hello all! I recently got my MYLR (literally last Friday - 3/31) and today I accidentally drove over a curb while turning left at a signal. The curb was unexpectedly high and both my left tires went over it and heard some sound which I think is the bottom of the car hitting the curb (part of that sound was also my heart breaking). I was stuck in traffic for almost an hour contemplating the damage and just checked my car after getting home.

I don't see any cosmetic damage on the tires and on the side of my car BUT before I could celebrate, I kneeled and peeked at the bottom only to find scratches at the bottom of my car. After taking some pictures with my phone, I realized the scratches were more than what I expected. I uploaded the images here
About the images -- 2nd pic is the right side (no damage side) of the car (image clicked with car on my right). You can compare this with 4th pic which is the left side of the car (damaged side) and image clicked with car on my left (also image is vertical with front tire towards the bottom and vice versa). 3rd pic is the image of the damaged side with me facing the car (you can see the edge of the car and me). I don't know what the orange thing (which seems to be broken) is.
There are some scratches on the mud guard near the back tire as well (which is not in the images).

Does this cause any damage to car's battery? Is this something I should be concerned about? Should I book a service appointment to get my Tesla checked/repaired?
Less than a week and I'm heart broken. Please advise! Thanks in advance!
Probably best to have it checked by Tesla Service.

Assuming your Y is built in Fremont and not the structural battery pack from Austin, see attached Tech Note and what Tesla Service will look for.

Attachments

• TN-18-16-001_Inspect_M3_and_MY_HV_Battery_for_Underside_Damage_R3.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 199