Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Darn, got a VIN assigned.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasn't expecting to get the call and email for at least a month. I made my reservation in June 2017. Configured an AWD on 6/30/18 and changed to P-AWD without performance upgrade on 7/4/18. Got a voicemail and email this afternoon saying my VIN is assigned.

Reason for my slight disappointment:
  • I thought I had time to make changes and was still considering the performance upgrade.
  • I wanted to see more thorough reviews.
  • Tesla appears to be tinkering with options still (ex. white interior now available for non-performance AWD). I hope they don't decide to open up the larger brakes with 19" wheels as an option for P-AWD after I get mine.
I know it's lame that I'm slightly disappointed. Oh well. I'll start being happy and excited tomorrow.

Reactions: jdmasters
Awesome. Most (all?) of the other scheduled deliveries for the P3D seem to be for folks who reserved as soon as reservations opened up. Is Tesla moving through the queue to later reservations now?

I’m curious about this too. I’m a bit stunned about putting in my reservation over a year after reservations opened up and getting the call so soon after P-AWDs started being delivered.

Congrats Jay! You reserved a year after me and configured a week after me. So jealous! ;) I'm doing P3D, red, white seats, performance upgrade. I'm in FL though. I think East coast is last place in priority, unfortunately. Were you a previous owner?

My car is all confirmed but i have no VIN and can't edit anymore. This was after my wife said that's it, no more options after i configured and i thought there wouldn't be a chance of ordering white later, but secretly hoped so. I'm calling Tesla Sales when they open this morning and hope it will only be $1500 vs. $2000 to add white to my configuration. Any suggestions on how to do this without incurring change fee? Any thoughts on if i order a vegan steering wheel if that will bump me back in line? I just want my car by mid December but am hoping in the Sept-Nov. Timeframe.

I wasn't expecting to get the call and email for at least a month. I made my reservation in June 2017. Configured an AWD on 6/30/18 and changed to P-AWD without performance upgrade on 7/4/18. Got a voicemail and email this afternoon saying my VIN is assigned.

• I thought I had time to make changes and was still considering the performance upgrade.
  • Tesla appears to be tinkering with options still (ex. white interior now available for non-performance AWD). I hope they don't decide to open up the larger brakes with 19" wheels as an option for P-AWD after I get mine.
I know it's lame that I'm slightly disappointed. Oh well. I'll start being happy and excited tomorrow.

I want to make an obligatory rage post about how I reserved years before you, configured days before you, chose a more expensive option than you, and how I didn't make changes to my configuration and how in the world do you have your vin before me? But... I'll refrain

Congrats!

What color paint and what color seats?