TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Darn, got a VIN assigned.

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Powered By Jay, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Powered By Jay

I wasn't expecting to get the call and email for at least a month. I made my reservation in June 2017. Configured an AWD on 6/30/18 and changed to P-AWD without performance upgrade on 7/4/18. Got a voicemail and email this afternoon saying my VIN is assigned.

Reason for my slight disappointment:
    • I thought I had time to make changes and was still considering the performance upgrade.
    • I wanted to see more thorough reviews.
    • Tesla appears to be tinkering with options still (ex. white interior now available for non-performance AWD). I hope they don't decide to open up the larger brakes with 19" wheels as an option for P-AWD after I get mine.
    I know it's lame that I'm slightly disappointed. Oh well. I'll start being happy and excited tomorrow.

• Like x 1
  2. jdmasters

jdmasters Member

3. Powered By Jay

White w/ black interior.

4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

First world problems ..u got a nice config congrats !

5. outie

outie Active Member

Cancel and reorder if they let you transfer the deposit.

6. alpacadom

alpacadom Member

Awesome. Most (all?) of the other scheduled deliveries for the P3D seem to be for folks who reserved as soon as reservations opened up. Is Tesla moving through the queue to later reservations now?

7. Powered By Jay

I may actually ask about feasibility of switching to performance upgrade without the $500 change fee. Will sleep on it though.

• Like x 1
  8. Powered By Jay

I’m curious about this too. I’m a bit stunned about putting in my reservation over a year after reservations opened up and getting the call so soon after P-AWDs started being delivered.

9. Lucky13

Lucky13 Member

I'll take your car. Lol. That's exactly what I want.

10. Lucky13

Lucky13 Member

You can have my order which is not yet configured but day one reservation holder.

11. kengchang

kengchang Member

Tesla was just batching color option : White most likely

12. SteveWin1

SteveWin1 Member

Congrats Jay! You reserved a year after me and configured a week after me. So jealous! ;) I'm doing P3D, red, white seats, performance upgrade. I'm in FL though. I think East coast is last place in priority, unfortunately. Were you a previous owner?

13. Trail Runner

Trail Runner Member

My car is all confirmed but i have no VIN and can't edit anymore. This was after my wife said that's it, no more options after i configured and i thought there wouldn't be a chance of ordering white later, but secretly hoped so. I'm calling Tesla Sales when they open this morning and hope it will only be $1500 vs. $2000 to add white to my configuration. Any suggestions on how to do this without incurring change fee? Any thoughts on if i order a vegan steering wheel if that will bump me back in line? I just want my car by mid December but am hoping in the Sept-Nov. Timeframe.

14. cbutters

cbutters Member

I want to make an obligatory rage post about how I reserved years before you, configured days before you, chose a more expensive option than you, and how I didn't make changes to my configuration and how in the world do you have your vin before me? But... I'll refrain

Congrats!

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Love x 1
  15. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

What color paint and what color seats?

16. Powered By Jay

Not a previous Tesla owner. This will be my first non-ICE car.

17. Powered By Jay

White paint, black interior.

18. Holmern

Holmern Member

I reserved and ordered mine on June 30th. Same colors as you but ordered P AWD from the start. Where are you located? I want mine yesterday if I could.

19. outie

outie Active Member

I configured on 6/30 and have yet to get any update. Is it because they haven’t started on P3D with Perf pkg?

20. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

Have you tried changing "trade in" option? If your car is not made, the Edit button should appear.