Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash Cam Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To buy Topfit for Model X (like I did) send an email to "[email protected]" This is an email address for topfit in China.
Address your email to: Kiky Wang, CS Manager and explain that ScottieLV purchased a Topfit Dash Cam for Model X Autopilot 2 and suggested I contact you for best price shipped to USA. I purchased mine through eBay. I got mine within 7 days. They are good at answering questions, but it takes them 24 hours to respond because they are a day ahead of us or 15 hours. Hope this helps,

• Informative
Reactions: frangus6
Hi all,

I'm thinking about getting a dash cam installed in my Model S. A few questions:

1) Any particular model that you would recommend (front and rear cam).

2) any partuilar shop that you would recommend in HK?

3) any shop to do the professional installation (I want to hide the wires). Or is a pro even necessary?

Thanks.
Hi all,

I'm thinking about getting a dash cam installed in my Model S. A few questions:

1) Any particular model that you would recommend (front and rear cam).

2) any partuilar shop that you would recommend in HK?

3) any shop to do the professional installation (I want to hide the wires). Or is a pro even necessary?

Thanks.
I also want to know is there any shop to buy a suitable dash cam in HK,i know topfit, but it was in mainland.
i was wondering if i buy from it,how can i install it?

I bought basically the same dash cam from seller "Teslafans' on eBay. They gave me great customer service all the way from China. Answered my questions by email promptly at same time every day. The unit mounts behind your interior rear view mirror, easy to attach (plug & play). I hated tearing my brand new car apart piece by piece to run long wires. Not necessary with this dash cam.
Uses a cell phone APP to view the camera recording. Comes with a 32GB memory card, records on a loop. If something happens, pull the card and insert in your computer to view footage. What I love about it most is the way they designed it to blend into the Tesla interior. Choose between AP1 and AP2 hardware before ordering. Cost me $253 and I have no stock in the company (wish I did). Look under Tofit Dash Cam. Takes about a week to get to USA address. I had questions and they were courteous and answered my questions. First image shows dash cam photo from eBay and second image is our MX before installation, third image is our MX with dash cam installed.
does it perform well???i need a dash cam, i have been seeking for a long time, a little worried about the quality. some one said the dash cam was not good enough??

Hi Shelly-Ho, Our Dashcam has worked perfectly on our Model X AP2 delivered Feb, 2017. It turns on automatically when you sit in the front driver's seat. We just let it record on an endless loop until something happens that we need the footage. Then I would take the memory card (32GB) out and download the images on our desktop computer. In other words, it does what I purchased it for. I love the way it blends into the interior and is not noticed. Depends on what you want it to do. I like no wires to run and very easy install.

Just ordered a Topfit, can any of you guys answer the following please:

What is the max SD card size that the Model X Topfit camera AP2 can handle? Perhaps 128gb or more?

Can the terrible "greeting" be deactivated so it does not play the voice recording every time it turns on?

Last edited:
I emailed Topfit and the reply I got said, leave the 32GB SD card in the camera. Even though I wanted to do what you suggest, I have decided to stick with their suggestion and not have problems. I was told any new card must be formatted. I simply ignore the voice as part of the start up for the car. My suggestion is to email them and see if they can suggest a larger memory card that will work but two months ago they told me not to put larger SD card in slot.

I used Blackvue DR650gw 2-ch with power pro on AP2 X, installed right behind the rearview mirror. Nothing complains about it. At first it is installed at the AP1 S but GPS signal always blocked by the windshield UV coating, end up have to move it edge of the windshield to get sort of single. Also putted on the roadster which quite nice.

Tried Iroad T10 on the non-AP S powered up from the 12V battery(not recommend to do it might void the vehicle warranty, also will use more power when not using vehicle), video quality nice and don't need to connect phone to review video. But apps are not really great to save video and no GPS build in. Although the unit is quite large, but managed to put behind the rearview mirror without blocking too much( around 0.5cm just right i can see the power light ).

Hi Shelly-Ho, Our Dashcam has worked perfectly on our Model X AP2 delivered Feb, 2017. It turns on automatically when you sit in the front driver's seat. We just let it record on an endless loop until something happens that we need the footage. Then I would take the memory card (32GB) out and download the images on our desktop computer. In other words, it does what I purchased it for. I love the way it blends into the interior and is not noticed. Depends on what you want it to do. I like no wires to run and very easy install.
thanks you for your answer, before hearing your invioce, i was not confident about the quality enough,but i also have question, where can i buy a dashcam? can you provide me the link?

I just got my Topfit for my new MS 100D, and it installed in about 5 minutes. Speaks in English, and the IOS phone app works pretty good, displays videos promptly. I will test it for awhile but it looks great installed, very factory! I got mine through Amazon, had it in less than a week.

Reactions: mkq786