Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash Cam Stopped Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dash cam has stopped working, i.e. it is not recording to the thumb drive anymore. When I plug in the thumb drive into the usb port it starts to flash indicating it is working. Anyone have any thoughts what is going on. I have taken the thumb drive out and re-formatted it and created the TeslaCam folder on it.

That happened to me as well. I think I was using a cheap thumb drive (just one I had in a drawer). I bought a new SanDisk 128GB Ultra Fit USB for the car and it's working great. Less than $25 on Amazon. I formatted it and added the TeslaCam folder too.

My dash cam has stopped working, i.e. it is not recording to the thumb drive anymore. When I plug in the thumb drive into the usb port it starts to flash indicating it is working. Anyone have any thoughts what is going on. I have taken the thumb drive out and re-formatted it and created the TeslaCam folder on it.
What software version are you on? I was on 16.3.2 and this happened to me. I didn't spend any time worrying about/dealing with it (i.e. didn't do a reboot), but when I upgraded to 20.2.1, it worked again with the same USB and no reformatting, etc. So you might try a reboot before buying new or reformatting your USB.