Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash cam still not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just to share updates. the last fix I had was as follow: pulled out the USB drive, hard reset the car (by pressing the steering wheel 2-buttons), once car is back up, I re-inserted the USB driver, the dash cam is back working again with the red dot instead of red X. when lucky, my dash cam should stay working OK for a week or up to few weeks, then it may go into red X problem again, I then re-do the above. it's kind of annoying, but at least it gets working. pls share your method if any better way of positive fix. Thank you !!!

How does one know if one has dash cam ? The option is grayed out on my screen. Can it be added ?

Also, the manual talks about a USB port in the glove box (or did i get than wrong ?) and in any case, I don’t see it, can’t find it.

2020 Model 3 AWD LR

Since the car does NOT have the dash cam, the question has turned to include, what cam or cams are favored by those is this situation ?

Thank you.
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure all Model 3s have the dash cam option. I don't recall when the USB port moved from the center console to the glove box, but either way, they can be hard to find, since the slot is flush with the inside of the box.

You need a USB stick to make the dash cam option work.