Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashboard Map Worse Now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RDoc

2021 Prerefresh Model S
Aug 24, 2012
Boston North Shore
We were driving in an old city (Gloucester) with lots of twisty little passages all the same so I was using Navigate to get to a restaurant. In the past, the dashboard map would show a detailed overhead view with street names which was great for navigating complex intersections. Now, it started out with a tiny map from our location to the destination, then continued with a wide view from an angled perspective that didn't show details of intersections or most street names. The car arrow icon was huge relative to the streets in many intersections and with the angled perspective it was quite unclear what road to take.

Then as we got closer, the main map started to expand so it was showing much more detail than the dash map!

IMHO this is a serious regression. I wonder if they're coding with the single display Model 3 in mind so don't really pay attention to the dual display behavior in the S and X.

We're on 2019.16.2

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
I didn’t notice a change on the IC maps. Is this a glitch that it always had, or was there a change with the recent update?

Yes, i did notice that the 2019.16 update made the MCU1 browser more usable, I didn’t have to reboot it and it is working faster without having to hide the map using the sketch pad. It still sucks, but it at least kind of, sort of, works on some sites really slowly

I'm pretty sure this map behavior is new, it certainly surprised me when I saw it and we have used Navigate a lot.
Personally, I don't care about the browser at all so I have no comment on it, but I do use the map a lot and don't like how it's been losing functionality.