Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam, Ceramic, Audio Upgrades in New Jersey/New York/Philly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking delivery on a P100D in a few weeks.

Looking to pretty quickly get 4ch dashcam installed, detailing & ceramic coating done, and the audio upgraded.

Having a whale of a time finding recommendations in this area.

Calibred Customs might be out this way in April or May, but I'd rather not go two months without a 4ch dashcam system, if at all possible to avoid.

Was willing to drive up to Stamford for AfterFX, but they closed in October 2017.

Any recommends would be appreciated.

I had Calibred do my 4 camera dash. Not cheap but Johnny did a great job of installing them. Had my X wrapped with Expel and coated with CQuartz by Rockguard FIlms in Allentown. Great job. I wish I had the seat backs done but I had the entire outside done. Reasonably priced. For just ceramic coating the CQuartz and paint correction was done by Mike Roseman pristinedetailing.net also in Allentown.

Last edited:
I had Calibred do my 4 camera dash. Not cheap but Johnny did a great job of installing them. Had my X wrapped with Expel and coated with CQuartz by Rockguard FIlms in Allentown. Great job. I wish I had the seat backs done but I had the entire outside done. Reasonably priced. For just ceramic coating the CQuartz and paint correction was done by Mike Roseman pristinedetailing.net also in Allentown.

I don't have personal experience with Rockguard Films nor PristineDetailing but I also have heard great things about them if you are looking to get the work done in the Lehigh Valley area.

For ceramic coating and or PPF install, definitely go to Will Russell at Xclusive Autoworks in Long Island if you can. Great guy, really loves what he does and does exemplary work. You can check out his website to see all the cool cars he has worked on in the past.

I highly recommend Phil Yiu at Detailer's Domain in Norwood, NJ. They do some amazing paint correction and coating work. I had my minivan done (its parked outside and I plan to keep it for years with Opticoat about 2-3 years ago). He also did my Model S a year ago when I got it with Nanolex. I went for exterior and wheels, he did the interior since I got white and was a repeat customer. He knows I have 2 little kids and they are always in the car. He also has someone he works with on the dashcams. The cars he has at his place speak for his work (people are sending in porsches on trailers, BMW M3 and M5, Ferrari, all sorts of stuff. The amazing thing is he worked on my minivan with the same importance as cars that were 3-4x in value that were at his place.

I highly recommend Phil Yiu at Detailer's Domain in Norwood, NJ. They do some amazing paint correction and coating work. I had my minivan done (its parked outside and I plan to keep it for years with Opticoat about 2-3 years ago). He also did my Model S a year ago when I got it with Nanolex. I went for exterior and wheels, he did the interior since I got white and was a repeat customer. He knows I have 2 little kids and they are always in the car. He also has someone he works with on the dashcams. The cars he has at his place speak for his work (people are sending in porsches on trailers, BMW M3 and M5, Ferrari, all sorts of stuff. The amazing thing is he worked on my minivan with the same importance as cars that were 3-4x in value that were at his place.

Phil does great work and they have great products you can get. I've used him for years as well. Is $7K the going rate for getting a Model S wrapped with Xpel? Also saw Phil is raving about HydroSilex (ceramic paint protection). Anyone use it yet? Would love to do a crhome delete. Anyone have numbers on doing that?

Here's a link to Phil's forum on HydroSilex: Game Changer - HydroSilex Recharge - Coating?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: redy
Hey,

I’m in Edison for work or Eatontown where I live. Looking to get this BlackVue 900 installed.. but nervous to just go anywhere as I know there are certain ways to install for a Tesla. I know there’s a great company in California that everyone recommends we need one in Nj NY like that.. anyone have a recommendation?