Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam failure when needed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on my situation - the other driver reported it, so I have their details now. It was at 20:07 which was within that 1 hr of no sentry activity I mentioned. I’m asking service to look into that as I find it odd it hasn’t recorded anything within that period of time, yet recorded everything else all day!

Update on my situation - the other driver reported it, so I have their details now. It was at 20:07 which was within that 1 hr of no sentry activity I mentioned. I’m asking service to look into that as I find it odd it hasn’t recorded anything within that period of time, yet recorded everything else all day!
Tha'ts very fortunate! would be interested to know what Tesla come back with too

As an update. Tesla MK have come back to me and advised that during the time my car got hit, certain parts of my car had gone into a deep sleep mode, which prevented Sentry from working as it should. This is apparently a known issue on certain cars, and senior engineers are looking into it, and it will be sorted in a future software / firmware update. But for now, I basically have a dodgy sentry mode!