Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam installed in SoCal. Great experience.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I emailed the guys at Calibred Customs
Awesome guys, awesome job, awesome price.

I have a Tesla P100D on which I wanted to have a dashcam installed. My criteria choosing an installer was three things, in order:
1) Quality of the install. I'm going to have this car for a while, it's a beautiful car, and I want an install that looks factory. No dangling wires, everything tucked, and confidence that they aren't going to break anything else in the process of pulling my car apart.
2) Convenience for me. I'm crazy busy. Taking a couple of hours out of my week to get a dashcam installed is a big deal.
3) Cost. I don't really care how much it costs, but I'm not trying to throw money away if I don't need to.

Imagine my surprise when I found these guys. I saw pictures of some of their Tesla installs, including a four channel setup on a Model X. Everything looked PERFECT. I also feel better knowing that they've worked on a bunch of these cars before because the Tesla is very different electronically compared to other cars.
Convenience? They drove to my office building in San Diego and installed the camera in my parking lot. I literally spent 5 minutes of my life on this. About 2 minutes emailing them (they responded quickly), and 3 minutes meeting them to handoff the key back and forth. Such an awesome experience.
All of this and the price was SUPER reasonable. I had a dashcam installed in my previous car and the labor cost was more than the all-in price that these guys gave me.

A little delighter after I started playing with the system is that they named the wifi on the dashcam the same name as my car. That made me smile a bit when I saw it and it's a nice finishing touch that I don't think most installers would think about.

I couldn't be happier!

Just wanted to let ya'll know in case you're looking for someone in LA or SD.

I emailed the guys at Calibred Customs
Awesome guys, awesome job, awesome price.

I have a Tesla P100D on which I wanted to have a dashcam installed. My criteria choosing an installer was three things, in order:
1) Quality of the install. I'm going to have this car for a while, it's a beautiful car, and I want an install that looks factory. No dangling wires, everything tucked, and confidence that they aren't going to break anything else in the process of pulling my car apart.
2) Convenience for me. I'm crazy busy. Taking a couple of hours out of my week to get a dashcam installed is a big deal.
3) Cost. I don't really care how much it costs, but I'm not trying to throw money away if I don't need to.

Imagine my surprise when I found these guys. I saw pictures of some of their Tesla installs, including a four channel setup on a Model X. Everything looked PERFECT. I also feel better knowing that they've worked on a bunch of these cars before because the Tesla is very different electronically compared to other cars.
Convenience? They drove to my office building in San Diego and installed the camera in my parking lot. I literally spent 5 minutes of my life on this. About 2 minutes emailing them (they responded quickly), and 3 minutes meeting them to handoff the key back and forth. Such an awesome experience.
All of this and the price was SUPER reasonable. I had a dashcam installed in my previous car and the labor cost was more than the all-in price that these guys gave me.

A little delighter after I started playing with the system is that they named the wifi on the dashcam the same name as my car. That made me smile a bit when I saw it and it's a nice finishing touch that I don't think most installers would think about.

I couldn't be happier!

Just wanted to let ya'll know in case you're looking for someone in LA or SD.
Thanks