TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Dashcam installer in the DFW area?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by mkjayakumar, Mar 3, 2016.

1. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

Anyone know a good dashcam installer in the DFW area? I am not too comfortable doing it myself and would rather use a professional installer?

thanks

2. mkjayakumar

Bump.

Has anyone installed dash cam here in this area? Either DIY or professional help?

3. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

You might try asking in the Facebook group. It's more active: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TeslaDFW/

4. taurusking

taurusking Member

mkjayakumar:

I had it done at Earmark Car Audio at Lewisville and then I had some issues...but they fixed it right away. The price was very reasonable. It is cheaper if you buy the dash cam and they will do the wiring.

5. mkjayakumar

Thank you for that info.

What model cam did you end up installing?

6. taurusking

taurusking Member

I ended up getting Blackvue DR 650 GW dual cam from the installer (I wish I had bought it and took it to the installer would have saved some bucks). I like the video quality but Blackvue has issues with time stamp.

I don't mind the issues with Blackvue and I am happy with mine.

On a side note: I noticed that Rick Bollar has better dash cam and I think you should go for it.

BTW ..Are you from Tamilnadu?

Look at my thread from last year: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/archive/index.php/t-43110.html