Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam Unavailable Check USB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with a message being thrown stating that the Dashcam Is unavailable, check USB.
This just started happening. So I formatted the USB drive and enabled/disabled the Dashcam and the red X disappeared but came back again with the same message. Pulled the drive and viewed it on my pc and recent files have been written to it.
Anyone?

If you reboot the car the problem is gone and comes back either a little while or on my next drive. Unplugging it and plugging it back in seem to fix it again only for a little while. It seem like no matter what I do the problem is gone and comes back. Getting a tat annoying.

Upvote 0
Scheduled a service appt but got a call from Tesla. After I explained the situation, they are going to push 12.3.2 to see if it fixes. I mentioned that someone on here had 12.3.2 but still had the problem. If this update doesn't resolve the issue (I don't expect it to, since it didn't for TomServo) then we'll bring the car in.

Upvote 0
Scheduled a service appt but got a call from Tesla. After I explained the situation, they are going to push 12.3.2 to see if it fixes. I mentioned that someone on here had 12.3.2 but still had the problem. If this update doesn't resolve the issue (I don't expect it to, since it didn't for TomServo) then we'll bring the car in.
Yea I got the 2022.12.3.2 And I still have the exactly the same issue. Tried 4 different portable storage options. No luck.

Reactions: cwhite51
Upvote 0
Yea I got the 2022.12.3.2 And I still have the exactly the same issue. Tried 4 different portable storage options. No luck.

Update: informed by a helpful Tesla POC that tesla engineers/technicians are aware of the issue. There should be a dot release that would address this issue but at the moment, there is no ETA.

Also, last night after I installed 12.3.2 (it was pushed to the car by Tesla), I went to the car and saw the red X over the dashcam icon so I did a reboot. Afterwards the car rebooted, I saw the red X was still there but after a few seconds it switched to the recording dot and I confirmed that the Controls menu showed "Recording". Given other's experiences on this thread, I expect this to be just temporary.

Upvote 0
Update: informed by a helpful Tesla POC that tesla engineers/technicians are aware of the issue. There should be a dot release that would address this issue but at the moment, there is no ETA.

Also, last night after I installed 12.3.2 (it was pushed to the car by Tesla), I went to the car and saw the red X over the dashcam icon so I did a reboot. Afterwards the car rebooted, I saw the red X was still there but after a few seconds it switched to the recording dot and I confirmed that the Controls menu showed "Recording". Given other's experiences on this thread, I expect this to be just temporary.

Good stuff thanks for the update btw.

Upvote 0
I have the same issue and requested service. Tesla asked me to buy new USB drive and suggested me to change every year. I don't think that's the solution 😭
Complete rubbish. No matter what USB drive or SD+adapter you use, you'll most likely get the same problem. Even prior to 2022.12.3.1 I was having random moments where dashcam wasn't writing. I thought I had it resolved by using a max endurance SD card. This worked well for awhile (and allows USB music on another partition) until this latest update.

Also, I think the person I spoke with stated he *thought* the fix might be in 2022.16. I mistakenly said a "dot release" in my prior comment.

Upvote 0