Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam, USB, and Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It works fine without EAP... mine runs continually...
I have a Model S without autopilot, and I formatted a 32GB flash drive in FAT32, created a "TeslaCam" folder, and the recording did not work. I tried that on 3 different flash drives with no success. Did you get an icon with a red dot to show that it was working?

I stuck one of the drives in a Model X with autopilot, and the recording started right away.

I have a Model S without autopilot, and I formatted a 32GB flash drive in FAT32, created a "TeslaCam" folder, and the recording did not work. I tried that on 3 different flash drives with no success. Did you get an icon with a red dot to show that it was working?

I stuck one of the drives in a Model X with autopilot, and the recording started right away.

How old is your Tesla Model S?

According to Tesla, your Model S needs to be manufactured after August 2017. I'm guessing you have a Model X that was manufactured after August 2017.

How old is your Tesla Model S?

According to Tesla, your Model S needs to be manufactured after August 2017. I'm guessing you have a Model X that was manufactured after August 2017.
I received my Model S in Dec 2016. The Model X was received in March 2018, so you were right about that. I guess my Model S is too "old" to get the benefit of the dash cam feature without having autopilot. Thanks for the input.