Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dave Metcalf and son Adam break the 400 miles challenge! Incredible...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should be a real prize. From Elon's blog:

“We haven’t internally demonstrated that yet and we are planning a prize for the first customer that actually drives over 400 miles on a single charge. :)

So what is it or what should it be? :)

Prize

Should be a real prize. From Elon's blog:

“We haven’t internally demonstrated that yet and we are planning a prize for the first customer that actually drives over 400 miles on a single charge. :)

So what is it or what should it be? :)

Not sure if George wants me to tell (remember Elon's updated post that there's a prize for the first 10, I think). It is a good prize (not a million dollars ; )). We didn't really do it for a prize and I had already decided to donate whatever it was to the university or our Haiti Fund.

Our Map

Congrats Dave and Adam!

Could you please post a google maps showing the route (feel free to fudge the starting point, you know how many stalkers there are on this forum)

Here you go!

View attachment David and Adam Metcalf 400mi+ Tesla route.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if George wants me to tell (remember Elon's updated post that there's a prize for the first 10, I think). It is a good prize (not a million dollars ; )). We didn't really do it for a prize and I had already decided to donate whatever it was to the university or our Haiti Fund.

Elon challenge.png

I've read that if you drive slightly off-center, you can counter some of the effects of this, the idea being that there are slight grooves in the road that fill with more rain where people usually drive.

I definitely appreciate the record, and congrats to you, but 25mph in a 70 is really being hazardous to yourself and other drivers (as well as possibly being illegal), and really diminishes the record. I hope you had your hazards on at least.
I think he chose secondary highways and such; the photos mostly show 2-lanes. There's a lot of great driving to be had if you eschew the freeways!

I figured you didn't do it for the prize. (What a great Dad/Son thing to do!) Just curious how creative Tesla was with the prize. Maybe I and my daughter or son(s) will try as well if there are slots still available. (Not that I would do it for the prize, but I also wouldn't do it without a prize if you understand... kind of like I'm not going to run 26.2 miles unless I get my $1.50 medal :) )

Anyway - Congratulations! :)