Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor David99's USA Tesla Center Screen tour, MCU eMMC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Under $400 from another member...it was in the MCU RECALL tread

A9A0F276-AA32-4777-B583-138052632037.jpeg

You didn't say $ a 400-$500 range. You said $400. I asked you to show us some links to the $400 price you said.

You don't realize the effort it takes to replace that chip on that board.

I sure hope for you that you don't need those guys services. I predict you will really see what overcharging is.

edited
Good you showed us a receipt for less than $400. Good. Thanks. That's all I asked.

• Helpful
Reactions: Wratran
How do you know that I don’t know how to solder?
I have a soldering iron that cost more than your tesla.

.just because you want to be raped by these guys...I want to make it fair to other members....

AGAIN the $600 these guy charges is just to replace the chip plus shipping and handling....there are additional charge for removal the MCU

• Funny
Reactions: Akikiki
He definitely taking a cut from this repair...DONT OPEN YOUR MOUTH ...when you know nothing...check the fact

You didn't say $ a 400-$500 range. You said $400. I asked you to show us some links to the $400 price you said.

You don't realize the effort it takes to replace that chip on that board.

I sure hope for you that you don't need those guys services. I predict you will really see what overcharging is.

edited
Good you showed us a receipt for less than $400. Good. Thanks. That's all I asked.

• Funny
Reactions: Akikiki
@Wratran @Akikiki has no cut from us, 9 months ago there was a $3000 option. You were very welcome to offer this solution for $150 9 months ago or even now. It's fine you don't value our time we put into building up the information and educating people about this issue. You may want to check your facts. TMC was where a lot of the eMMC solutions were started.

TMC on the other hand charges us a fee to promote the offering here and get a fixed cut of our profits due to vendor subscription.

Last edited:
Reactions: aerodyne
@EV-Fixme, Its sad that soon people don't have all the facts, but go on as though they do. Its Interesting how this $400-$500 new Tesla Tegra board fix was only released by Tesla last week. The print on the estimates for this new procedure is hardly dry and people making it sound as if its been around since Day One.

Actually we have seen a invoice where tesla charged for only part and no labor. So $120 for fix. As a producer of the issue it's not out of question for them to offer this below cost or free.

A good friend of ours is going to touring the US for the next few months in his Tesla. I've attached a copy of his planned route. This is your chance to meet the famous youtuber that brought you the most friendly video in helping beginners take apart their car to access the MCU and Tegra for repair/upgrade
. If you still don,t feel confident in removing, he can do it for you while you watch, putting it back together is a bit easier and you just need to watch the video in reverse for the most part. Once removed, you can send us the board, we will repair it and send it back to you. We are also available by pm to help you virtually reinstall.

Contact him directly to confirm his schedule and availability.

I will update this post with dates as his trip will be a little flexible since he's taking the time to do his dream trip.
View attachment 562115

So far:

• Arizona July 16th - 21st
  • Texas July 26th - Aug 9th
  • Georgia Aug 15th - 19th

Feel free to make an appointment to meet him at the supercharger as he is going from area to area also. Since he's going to be at the supercharger for about an hour, why not pull a few MCU's and meet some members?

More info about the Center Screen Failute (MCU) eMMC's Consolidated eMMC Thread (MCU repair) (Black Center Screen)

@David99
Yo Famous David-- Great posting. Hey, I have an unresponsive screen that Tesla has remotely diagnosed as a failed 'daughter' board. They are going to replace this boat for free on my '16 Mod X. I cannot get a straight answer from the re: is this going to be preventative if the chip failure killing so many MMCs. Do you know if the poorly spaced chip is on the 'daughter' board rather than the 'mother' board. Tx for taking time to reply. All best, MM

Yo Famous David-- Great posting. Hey, I have an unresponsive screen that Tesla has remotely diagnosed as a failed 'daughter' board. They are going to replace this boat for free on my '16 Mod X. I cannot get a straight answer from the re: is this going to be preventative if the chip failure killing so many MMCs. Do you know if the poorly spaced chip is on the 'daughter' board rather than the 'mother' board. Tx for taking time to reply. All best, MM

generally the replacement should be 64 gig. Invoice should also show that. The daughter board they replace contains the eMMC memory chip that fails eventually from use.

generally the replacement should be 64 gig. Invoice should also show that. The daughter board they replace contains the eMMC memory chip that fails eventually from use.

I might be heading your way, because, after waiting 8 weeks for Tesla to provide a new daughter board, was told they had no intention of replacing it because it was "Fine"

Despite the fact I offered to pay, way back in SEPTEMBER, I was going to kicked to the back of the line with a reflashed chip because "Dead cars have priority"