TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

DavidV sues Tesla

Discussion in 'News' started by doug, Jul 14, 2008.

1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

#1 doug, Jul 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
    Another Tesla Lawsuit:

Former Tesla Motors employee files class action suit | Green Tech - CNET News.com

http://openaccess1.sanmateocourt.org/getpdf/pdftemp/2008071413295428810/A-0000041797-2.pdf

Please, lets try to keep any discussion about this from going off the deep end.

2. Joseph

Joseph Member

All I can say is...:frown:

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Each time another one of these mistakes comes to light I hope that Elon takes another hard look at the people at his company that are responsible for the Tesla message.

4. deenko

deenko Member

At least the amount they are sueing for will not totally destroy the company if TM loses the trial.

But, yet another blemish.

5. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

Can someone that knows a bit more about US or California law please explain to me why this case is a full 6 months after the firings? Why didn't this happen sooner?

Cobos

6. OhmExcited

OhmExcited Member

What's weird is that in the latest blog Ze'ev made a big point about promoting Darryl (the two defendants in this lawsuit). This is becoming the twilight zone.

So, David wasn't given any bad performance reviews, but Darryl and Ze'ez said it was about performance after the fact. My guess is that they will say they were just speaking for the board.

7. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

Becoming? TM is in there for some time already.

8. DDB

DDB Member

Cobos, In Ohio you can sue for breach of contract within 15 years before the statute of limitations runs out. I'm guessing there is plenty of time in California as well. In the grand scheme of things, 6 months is the blink of an eye... Lawyers are slow as is the entire legal process. I don't see any strategic mistakes in waiting that long to file.

9. DDB

DDB Member

I haven't taken a close look at the lawsuit, but I didn't see an employement agreement with him per see. Tesla apparently treated him as an independent contractor which means Tesla could have just terminated the relationship (assuming there isn't an agreement to the contrary).

The class action aspect is interesting. The former employees will all have to make a decision about whether to jump on board. In Ohio, the magic number is 25 class members. Were there even that many employees terminated? Wonder what it is in CA?

From a PR standpoint, this whole thing is disheartening. Once again, I think Tesla better figure out how to deal with the old crew once and for all...my 2 cents.

10. doug

Tesla gets sued again, this time by a former employee - Engadget

Former employee slaps Tesla with class action suit - Autoblog

11. doug

Apparently the case was tossed out.

12. doug