Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daylight running light for Refreshed MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll add a additional noob question:

I thought the system told you about an update with the "!" icon and then you choose when to install it. That didn't happen last night when my car was updated to 2.22.60 automagically. How is this suppose to work and how much control can I place on the process?

Thanks!

A service center will update you if you are having something else done. Otherwise the only thing to do is be connected to wifi when parked at home, as they prefer transferring by wifi.

My question specifically is asking if I can force the update to begin immediately? In other words, if I am connected to my WiFi at home, how can I force my car to search for and initiate an update?

My car updated to 2.24.30 and DRL works in auto.

However, my rated range suddenly dropped 5 miles after the update, and has stayed at the lower number after a couple of charge cycles. Meaning, the rated range at my 90% charge is now 5 miles lower than it was before the update.

Anyone else see this?

Ok - well know I will just have to wait for update. :D

In the same boat! The insanity of waiting for the car has turned into the insanity of coaxing it to update. I'm embarrassed to admit I spent yesterday parking it above ground in hourly street parking, leaving a phone in there as a wifi hotspot, driving it near a service center, etc etc etc. No update yet!

In the same boat! The insanity of waiting for the car has turned into the insanity of coaxing it to update. I'm embarrassed to admit I spent yesterday parking it above ground in hourly street parking, leaving a phone in there as a wifi hotspot, driving it near a service center, etc etc etc. No update yet!

In the meantime we can push the parking light icon. But it should not take too long to receive an update for the refreshed cars. Not that many delivered. Oh well.

If a few weeks go by and you still haven't received the update, contact Tesla and they can push it to your car. But unfortunately days to weeks is normal.

I'm pretty sure they do this weird rollout so that any serious problems that aren't caught by testing will hit a few owners instead of affecting the entire fleet. An Apple-style rollout where 50% of devices are updated on the first day wouldn't necessarily be desirable here. It's still frustrating, I know, but it's for the best.

Noticed in 2.24.30 it doesn't want to retrieve network 3G/LTE after parked in underground parking. Need to reboot system 2-3 times before it works again. I didn't had this bug before version 2.24.30

Is it just me?