Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daylight savings time did not update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No excuse

Every other device I own that has a clock lets you set the clock.

Tesla thinks they are better at setting clocks so they give you no way to change the setting.

And then they get the switch to Standard time incorrect - it was about seven hours late in my car.

Some people like to set their clock early so they are not late for events.

I assume they use the GPS to decide which time zone you are in and set the clock as you cross into a new time zone - or does that take several hours as well?

Every other device I own that has a clock lets you set the clock.

Tesla thinks they are better at setting clocks so they give you no way to change the setting.

And then they get the switch to Standard time incorrect - it was about seven hours late in my car.

Some people like to set their clock early so they are not late for events.

I assume they use the GPS to decide which time zone you are in and set the clock as you cross into a new time zone - or does that take several hours as well?

+1. My car is still an hour ahead. Every other computer-driven device I own updated on its own correctly.

I was surprised to find my car didn't update yesterday, and even more surprised today. But what REALLY surprised me is I cannot find anywhere in the Controls or Settings to change the time (!!??!??)

I should not have to reboot the car to correct the time, geez, that is buggy. C'mon Tesla.

Mine has not switched yet, 1PM Pacific time car says 2PM.
I rebooted both screens several times. When the they first reboot the time is correct, then within 10 seconds, they switch back to the wrong time.

The car was in the garage. I pulled it outside to clean it, and within 5 minutes, the clock time changed. I am thinking maybe it synced to GPS but needed to see the sats. Don't know, but all is well now.

Mine was correct after reboot, but almost instantly changed back to DST again. It seemed to coincide with the 3G connection but could be a coincidence. About 3 hours later I went out and it had the correct time. Been fine ever since.

- - - Updated - - -

Use Time 4 Tesla while waiting :wink:

View attachment 34630
Well how cool is that??? I didn't know about this. My eyes aren't what they used to be and I have a hard time seeing the clock sometimes. Thanks!

I am sitting at the Hawthorne Supercharger and noticed that Daylight savings time did not update on my car. Both of my Apple devices switched at 2a back to 1a.

is there a way to manually change the clock?
It updates only over the cellphone network. Take it out to somewhere with good cell reception, then reboot the touchscreen. And wait. I had this problem happen at the last time change and this was the instruction the Service Center gave me.