Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DC metro area get together

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about anyone else but having a meet that early is a bit of a deterrent. Depending on travel distances people in the area would have to wake up very early to even attempt to make the meet up. Late morning/Early afternoon meeting times are the safest to include the most people.

I like the idea of making this an annual event. With that being said, the top deck of the Tysons Corner Mall was a very nice arrangement last year. I don't know what the area is like since the Silver line opened. Can someone that lives nearby report what the road & mall traffic is like on the weekends? As others have noted, there are a lot of Drive Electric events on the weekend of the 20th so I would recommend against that weekend. For what it's worth, I've got something planned for 9/13, but 9/14 and the weekend of 9/27 are good. I would love to see everyone - I'll stay tuned for more developments.

Hey everyone.. Sorry for the lack of a response; I've been traveling in an area with only satellite connectivity. On my way home now. I will look at everyone's preferences this weekend and pick a date.

Hey everyone...

I've gone through the entire thread and tried to determine a date that worked for the majority. At the end of the day it was a fairly even split. Avoiding the national plug-in day events seems like a "good thing" to do. Having said that ...

Mike @ Bethesda Systems (another model S owner) reached out to me because he was also planning on holding an event for Tesla owners on 9/20. We've discussed it a bit, and I think it makes sense to combine the two events. Mike has ample parking, a few EVSEs+outlets, and has graciously offered to provide breakfast, lunch, and wine. Cliff from Reus audio will be there ready to demo his system (and perhaps perform a few installs?). I had a Reus system installed at TMC Connect last month and am quite pleased with it. Happy to demo it to anyone. Matthew Pressman from EVannex will be there as well, with all of their Tesla specific accessories, including some give-a-ways.

Mike's event is from 9-4. Everyone can come and go as they please of course, but my suggestion is that we meet around 11. This way we can socialize over lunch, maybe take a few pictures, etc.

How does this work for everyone?

9/20, 9-4 (target 11am)
4712 Rosedale Ave, Bethesda, MD

Andrew

I can likely make that work, the only event I set myself for for that week thus far was on the 21st. Besides, it doesn't get more plugin oriented than having a bunch of Tesla's together :D

I will reschedule my other plans I was already starting to make on the 20th... just if you decide to shift something suddenly please don't pick the 27th... since that is where my current reschedule is getting moved to! haha!

If we can lock this date in, I would happily solicit this event around to my other circles to get the word out :)

Can an almost owner show up? Sadly, I won't take delivery until the 24th.

But of course! My first event I participated in I didn't have my car yet, and there have been a couple long term followers of Tesla that participate in these who also don't have cars (likely because they are holding out for Model 3). Everyone is always welcome at these types of events :)

- - - Updated - - -

And if we go for a drive somewhere you are welcome to hitch a ride in my car! :)

But of course! My first event I participated in I didn't have my car yet, and there have been a couple long term followers of Tesla that participate in these who also don't have cars (likely because they are holding out for Model 3). Everyone is always welcome at these types of events :)

- - - Updated - - -

And if we go for a drive somewhere you are welcome to hitch a ride in my car! :)

Excellent! I'll mark my calendar.