Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DC Nationals Ball Park charging Thanks in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm taking my kid to the Nationals-Giants game on Thursday. Anybody charged nearby? It's a late day game, should be done by 8pm. Plugshare shows some nearby chargers but I'm not clear on availability after normal hours or feasibility of parking during a ball game. I'm staying with a friend in Potomac that night and can charge on his dryer outlet but total mileage to game and then his house will be about 215 so I'd like to have some backup charging if needed. I'm trying to avoid the 2 hour round trip that a Metro ride from Rockville would entail. Thanks in advance!

I have used the chargers near the Nationals stadium a couple of times. You do need a chargepoint card, but it is free after 6pm (do this on plugshare to make sure it hasn't changed) before 6, I think it is like $1-2/hr, which on game days is a steal especially when nearby lots are $20-30. It is only 3-4 blocks from the stadium. I would highly recommend using them. There are 4 spaces and I have usually found empty spaces before the game starts but usually are full later on, so get there a little early.

Tyson's corner mall has two 208V/80A HPWC's. That doesn't help you charge while you're at the game, but you won't find a faster charger in the general area, unless the DC store has an HPWC?

Thanks Ven Rala for the charger tip. The trip went very smoothly, arrived at the ball park with 75 miles range to spare so wasn't worried about charging but found your spot with all 4 spaces open. Parked there, charged. Can't beat 4+ hours ball game parking for $3.65!