Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DCFC in SE NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was quick. Nameplate says 75Adc max so depending on your SOC these are a just little faster than a HPWC... so DC’F’C....
80A onboard chargers are pretty rare, so 25-30kW is a big step up for a lot of people.
Installing a 75a DCFC in 2021? Really??

And is it really CCS-only? If so, that's not going to help many EV owners, unless/until Tesla releases a CCS adapter...
I'm not sure exactly where this charger is, but 25kW is perfect in a more rural area if that's your destination, rather than a stop on the interstate between point A and point B.

This one is at Clines Corner on I40 but none of them are intended as 'destination' chargers unless your destination is an AllSups.
Ohh, this is the clines corners location. That detail was lost on me, I thought this was the Carrizozo location. Even more disappointing I’d say since PlugShare indicated that location would have both CCS and chademo, if all of the Francis installs in SE NM are CCS only that will be of little use to Tesla drivers except the minuscule minority who have the setec adapter that functions for them (new firmware recently disabled use for many Tesla vehicles).

The datasheet for this unit (NB60) indicates it's capable of outputting 150 amps DC. So this may be showcasing the difference between "rated" and actual output (if I recall, the placard on most V3 supercharger pedestals indicates a rating of 350a, while the actual output must exceed 600a at times).

Also, maybe they still intend to install a second charge cable for CHAdeMO on those units?

Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
The datasheet for this unit (NB60) indicates it's capable of outputting 150 amps DC. So this may be showcasing the difference between "rated" and actual output (if I recall, the placard on most V3 supercharger pedestals indicates a rating of 350a, while the actual output must exceed 600a at times).

Also, maybe they still intend to install a second charge cable for CHAdeMO on those units?

From the sheet is:
DC OUTPUT (default) Power [kW] 60
Voltage range [V] 50 - 500 / 150 - 1000
Current [A] 150
Available connectors [1] CCS-1, CHAdeMO

It appears that it is dual power-range rated (for "400V" and "800V" charging) and the output ratings are at 800V.

50-60kW charging isn't great, but it's a lot better than AC.
They make financial sense for areas with relatively low utilization as it lowers the initial cost and the running costs significantly compared to higher power.
50-60kW is fine as backup and for occasional use.

Annoyingly, I cannot see the DC charger on plugshare. I presume it has something to do with my settings
It’s still listed as “coming soon” but one PlugShare user has reported it as working. I’m not sure how to change its status and I would not unless I verified its operational myself. Unfortunately it’s one the other end of the “charging desert“ and too far for my MYP.

Hopefully they’ll get Hobbs or Tatum online soon and I can test those with a CCS adapter.

I‘ve noticed that Francis Energy uses several brands and models of chargers. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad, but it does potentially have more compatibility issues with a CCS adapter. An adapter might work at one location, but fail in another.

Reactions: SageBrush
It’s still listed as “coming soon” but one PlugShare user has reported it as working.

Yep. The link @mochiaf9 posted shows the location. If I log on with his link I can still see it. Either way, I have enabled the 'coming soon' filter so I'm not sure why one way shows the location and another does not. The web plug-share app is finicky.

The user who reported it working only got 25 kW. I sure hope that improves, both for the time to spend and the cost which is 31¢ per minute on top of a $1 start fee.

Addendum: *Some* of the CCS/CHAdeMO stations do not show up when my chosen car is the Tesla Model 3, even if I separately ask for either CHAdeMO or CCS. As work-around, I said my EV is an e-tron and then the locations show up.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 9.50.36 PM.png

~$0.74/kWh
Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 9.51.11 PM.png

5046D02C-51A9-4035-9358-45BD5F7FAB38.png
PlugShare is now showing the Carrizozo location without the wrench. Photos taken at the site indicate the possibility of it being active yet it does not show up in the Francis Energy app (unlike the Clines Corners location which does show up in the FE app). Has anyone corroborated the status of this charger?

Was thinking about all these francis energy fast chargers going in that are CCS or Chademo when ~90% of the cars here are Teslas. It's a bit like opening a video rental store in the late 90s but only carrying beta max :)

You'd think that if you're spending $300,000 on a fast charger you'd..... you'd find a way to add a Tesla adapter....

• Funny
Reactions: PLUS EV