Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead main screen!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plugged in my p85 MS last night and set it to start charging at 4am so the pack would be warm when I got in this am at 8am to leave today. I know I inserted the plug correctly last night. This am I came out to the car and the center screen was dead and when I depressed the brake it didn't react to me it just kept saying car off. Nothing I did would make it do anything. I used the key and unlocked and locked and was able to get it into reverse but still everything else would t work no lights etc. Once I backed up I put it I to park so I could close my garage door an same thing happened again. I called tesla and they had me reset everything and once the screen popped up I noticed that the car didn't "wake up" last night to charge. Tesla is pulling my logs to see what's going on and will let me know. Anyone else had this happen.

Very frustrating for a 3 week old car.

Im still on 5.6 I wonder if it has the same bug. Still waiting for tech to review my log. I have 2100 miles on my car (love my car) and the service manager told me the same thing ACDM about the schedule charge but I've been using it is way for weeks and it's been the same temp so why now.

I plugged in my p85 MS last night and set it to start charging at 4am so the pack would be warm when I got in this am at 8am to leave today. I know I inserted the plug correctly last night. This am I came out to the car and the center screen was dead and when I depressed the brake it didn't react to me it just kept saying car off. Nothing I did would make it do anything. I used the key and unlocked and locked and was able to get it into reverse but still everything else would t work no lights etc. Once I backed up I put it I to park so I could close my garage door an same thing happened again. I called tesla and they had me reset everything and once the screen popped up I noticed that the car didn't "wake up" last night to charge. Tesla is pulling my logs to see what's going on and will let me know. Anyone else had this happen.

same here. I had it two times with 5.8. I charge my car outside and it is quite cold. Scheduled charging worked fine up to 5.6 and higher temp. For my own safety I plugin every night now. according to my sc there is a new release planned this week.

I've been having a similar issue, but no scheduled charging. I have sleep mode off as well, but sometimes I get in the car and the center screen refuses to come on (happens most often after I've just gotten out of it).

I remember threads going around last year during the cold as well, and there being some talk of bulbs warming up or something.

See my thread on 12V battery issue. TM told me to disable scheduled charging during this cold weather (ie. when it is < 41F) pending a firmware fix. My car is ~5w old.

I don't see how a scheduled charging problem would account for the OP's issue. If scheduled charging malfunctioned and the car didn't charge, would it not still behave normally in the morning just with less range than expected?

If it is a problem with the 12V battery (seems likely from the OP's symptoms), how would using scheduled charging aggravate the issue?

I received an email from Tesla stating that my car has reported low voltage at the 12V battery and I am going in this weekend to get it replaced. I will inquire about the charging situation to see if that could be a remedy.

I got a call back from the bellevue SC yesterday afternoon they said that they think I have a bad. Hanging cable and dust is getting into my charging door (we drive 3 miles one way down a gravel road to get home it's covered in snow right now) so they think what happened was that I plugged it in to see how long it would take to charge so I could set my charge to end just before I would leave so if have a warm pack and no Regen line it started to charge I got my time set the charge time and then left the car. Got up yesterday to a dead console. They think that either my cable is bad or the dust settled and caused the cable to not allow it to charge properly that is what the logs said that it wasn't seated properly. So I'm going to drop by sc today for them to take a look at my cable it charged fine last night and all day yesterday so I'm going to have them look at the dust issue. It seems to me that the charger door should be air tight and not allow dust and things to get in there?

Not certain that I understand it. Supposedly there is a bug with scheduled charging and cold weather. The 12V battery gets drained and the car won't start charging at scheduled time. This is what happened to me.

Mine did not start charging at the scheduled time again last night. Again, I could not start the charge cycle from the App until I turned the HVAC on first. Then "Charge Now" would work, and I turned the HVAC back off.

I stopped by my SC today with my charger cAble. Two things. My cable had a bad ground in it so when my schedule charge would start it would start to charge and then stop because of the bad ground and then the box would reset itself and my schedule was set for say 4am and now it's 4:40am so the car won't prompt to resume charging. They replaced the bad cable.

Second they hey pushed the fix this morning that contains the bug fix for the schedule issues some have been having both on 5.6 and 5.8 in the cold weather. Sc said it could be silent but you will have tobe on 5.8 to get the push. So we went ahead and upgraded to 5.8 goodbye low suspension.