Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dealership -vs- Delivery

Did you go to the dealership or have it delivered?

• Delivery

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently placed my order (YAY!) and am outside the 160 miles to the nearest dealership, so I can have it delivered to me, but I am wondering if there is a benefit to going to the dealership as I am only about 200 miles away. I'd love some thoughts and experiences on both options!

I recently placed my order (YAY!) and am outside the 160 miles to the nearest dealership, so I can have it delivered to me, but I am wondering if there is a benefit to going to the dealership as I am only about 200 miles away. I'd love some thoughts and experiences on both options!

I guess a few thoughts:

1) Given the high tolerances with their current state manufacturing, you can inspect your vehicle before taking delivery and refuse if it looks unacceptable (there are some threads on this).

2) The experience is said to be unlike most other car deliveries and may be special to witness in person.

3) You can build a relationship with the service manager/techs to contact in case there are issues and want to bring the car in (may not be critical but putting a face to a name makes a difference sometimes IMHO).

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

I would pick it up so that you meet the nice service center people, have a chance to ask additional questions, perhaps buy some additional adapters or other accessories, and like some said, have an opportunity to discuss any issues with the car.

Plus, if you pick it up, you get to drive it home. A bonding experience right away!