Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Debadge fans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Debadged the “dual motor” and covered the logo in vinyl. I’ve done this on most of my previous cars and much prefer the cleaner look. Anyone else done there?

Did mine today. Picked the dual motor off by hand (it was hot today) and used goo gone to clean off the adhesive. BUT i can still see where the letters were as the paint underneath is dull. I cleaned and buffed with water and wipes but it's not improved. Do I need add polish or something else?

20200814_182207.jpg

Did mine today. Picked the dual motor off by hand (it was hot today) and used goo gone to clean off the adhesive. BUT i can still see where the letters were as the paint underneath is dull. I cleaned and buffed with water and wipes but it's not improved. Do I need add polish or something else?

View attachment 576363
How long have you had the car? Mine was only a week old and I used 90% isopropyl alcohol (seemed to work better than GooGone) and then a clay bar followed by a light application of polish. No letter shadowing at all.

View attachment 576363

Assuming you don't have a Random Orbital Polisher or you would have already tried that. In that case I would grab a microfiber towel or pad for polishing (use a decent quality one that is new or in good shape) and get some polish (Sonax Perfect Finish as an example but there are many options here) and do a couple passes and re-inspect. This should do the trick.

Assuming you don't have a Random Orbital Polisher or you would have already tried that. In that case I would grab a microfiber towel or pad for polishing (use a decent quality one that is new or in good shape) and get some polish (Sonax Perfect Finish as an example but there are many options here) and do a couple passes and re-inspect. This should do the trick.

Did exactly that. Cleaned up great. Pics a couple posts above

I debadged all exterior emblems. I started when I had my PPF installed. My detailer asked if I wanted the emblems reinstalled, I'd have to buy a new DUAL MOTOR badge if I wanted it back. But after looking at the car sans badges I told him to leave them all off. Plus it's so much easier to detail the vehicle with a nice smooth surface.

I can always add them back. But for now, I like the stealth look.

Reactions: vpatel787
Personally not a fan of removing the Dual Motor badge since if you do people might think you have a SR. Also I prefer the look of chrome over black and I wish my car had chrome window trim and door handles.
Everyone has their opinion on what looks best. This posting is entitled Debadge Fans though. I couldn't care less what other people think just so it looks good to me. I think the logo alone looks clean (whether chrome or black).

No front or rear. But I did keep the dual motor non p.

Don't mind the front plate was trying out the tow hitch mount, end up not feeling it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210711-154224_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210711-154224_Photos.jpg
    634.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_20210711-154415_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210711-154415_Photos.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 176