Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Debunking facebook junk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Absolutely, some breathtaking examples of YouTubers willing to wilfully place on record some wilfully stupid acts and arguments and examples includes:
1. The MacMaster - this guy owns a Taycan and spends every video saying how bad EV's are
2. Geoff Buys Cars - just a good old fashion ICE car lover with an extreme anti EV agenda
To be fair Geoff appears to be anti most things as far as I can tell not just EV's

Look on the bright side.. EVs have won. It'll take another decade before dinojuice transport becomes the minority on the road but there are enough EVs out there, and they are so obviously superior once you've used one, that the PR battle is over and the tide is not turning back.

Reactions: init6 and Avendit
Look on the bright side.. EVs have won. It'll take another decade before dinojuice transport becomes the minority on the road but there are enough EVs out there, and they are so obviously superior once you've used one, that the PR battle is over and the tide is not turning back.
I disagree,
Hydrogen is the future not milk floats that cannot make it to the end of the drive if you have the radio on and cost a million pounds + 100,000 every two years to replace the battery that is made from pure Lithium mined exclusively by Children, and is less green than a 1986 diesel anyway due to the 10,million tonnes of ore needed to make each battery and the emissions from the electricity grid which is 98% coal fired and can't cope with the load anyway even though there are only two chargers in the entire country and they are both broken anyway.
I shall continue to drive my Diesel for the next 100 years because it cost £4.50 to buy and can do 6000miles on a tank and takes me 8 seconds to re-fuel at the filling stations on every street corner.
/s

Absolutely, some breathtaking examples of YouTubers willing to wilfully place on record some wilfully stupid acts and arguments and examples includes:
1. The MacMaster - this guy owns a Taycan and spends every video saying how bad EV's are
2. Geoff Buys Cars - just a good old fashion ICE car lover with an extreme anti EV agenda
There's a guy who posts videos on YouTube of his Tesla (not sure which one) racing, and getting beaten by, various fast cars on the speed-unlimited Autobahns. He's done enough of them that I'm pretty sure he's trolling the petrol heads (since by now he obviously knows he's going to get beaten) and they line up like clockwork to post comment after comment of 'Lol! See, your Tesla's rubbish!' without it occurring to them that the only reason their cars have huge top speeds is because their archaic ICE engine needs a gear box, and if you want both decent acceleration and vaguely economical motorway cruising you have a high top end speed just because that's where the top end of your top gear ends up.

Doesn't occur to them that the car is not crippled, it's just designed to do the job it needs to do with blistering, useful acceleration off the line and plenty of overtaking punch at 70mph instead of a top end that you can only use on about 0.001% of the roads on earth.

Reactions: TheManofMead
Doesn't occur to them that the car is not crippled, it's just designed to do the job it needs to do with blistering, useful acceleration off the line and plenty of overtaking punch at 70mph instead of a top end that you can only use on about 0.001% of the roads on earth.
Fact check!
ChatGPT says it's more like 0.04%. so there 🤣.

I also have a friend with an rs4 who is happy to race, as long as we do a rolling start from 70...

• Funny
Reactions: init6 and Mullermn
I don't know them but they probably know what they are saying is nonsense or at least exaggerating, what's worse are people who make videos who genuinely think they are correct when they are factual incorrect which a simple google search could verify.

Reactions: TheManofMead
I don't know them but they probably know what they are saying is nonsense or at least exaggerating, what's worse are people who make videos who genuinely think they are correct when they are factual incorrect which a simple google search could verify.
GBC isn't usually incorrect, he's selective in his articles to reinforce his point.

Most of his vids he's reading from a report or similar and picking holes in it.

His opinions are the evidence of bias, which fuel his followers.

Long may they stay in their ICE vehicles and keep more chargers clear for us for as long as possible until they're everywhere and we all wondered what the problem was.

Reactions: djtaylor
It’s not quite so specific in relation to the original meme, but another ol’ faithful from engineering explained I’ve sent to a few people on the fence or who think that it’s a “scam”:

I disagree,
Hydrogen is the future not milk floats that cannot make it to the end of the drive if you have the radio on and cost a million pounds + 100,000 every two years to replace the battery that is made from pure Lithium mined exclusively by Children, and is less green than a 1986 diesel anyway due to the 10,million tonnes of ore needed to make each battery and the emissions from the electricity grid which is 98% coal fired and can't cope with the load anyway even though there are only two chargers in the entire country and they are both broken anyway.
I shall continue to drive my Diesel for the next 100 years because it cost £4.50 to buy and can do 6000miles on a tank and takes me 8 seconds to re-fuel at the filling stations on every street corner.
/s
Don't forget that you need that car because you do the standard commute, comprising driving from Land's End to John O'Groats, both ways uphill, non stop in under 20 hours and pulling a caravan... Daily.

I don't know why we don't just put wind turbines ON the car then you could charge them as you drive
🤣
1680290227185.gif

We run an annual competition at work for University students to champion new, green technologies that could be developed.
Always innovative and inspiring, however the engineers and non-engineers on the judging panel did disagree last year on the ‘big magnets attached to the Armco barrier on the motorway central reservation’ idea for generating ‘free’ energy;)

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricPolice
I tell a motorhead who asks about the car that I have an MYLR and it goes 0 to 60 mph in 4.8 seconds and there are faster Teslas out there. I could even add the acceleration boost if I wanted. I am interested in range and economy, so it is plenty fast for me. Most ICErs don't realize the performance of electric motors. That doesn't necessarily convince them, but it dispels the notion that all electrics are small, underpowered, econo boxes.

Reactions: DigbyChicken
I don't know why we don't just put wind turbines ON the car then you could charge them as you drive
🤣

and an alternator driven by the wheels to recharge the battery, ICE has had that for decades, why hasn't anyone thought of that? ;)
Not forgetting the solar panel on the roof of course.

Sorry for the thread bump, but someone beat you to it 10 years ago!!
This is a fun read: alternators