Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Decent finance rates - San Antonio Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I financed my prior two Teslas with Alliant FCU who was very competitive at the time. Interesting thing this time rates were not as good. Alliant loan officer made weird comment that their rates were set by Tesla now. No idea what that means. I was able to find better rates rates from two San Antonio area FCUs. Much better than USAA, Pen Fed, Randolph and others I have used over the years. I went with United in the end swayed by their interest rates and all their positive reviews. Point of contact there is Ricardo Guzman and stated they have been doing a bunch of Tesla financing.

Generations FCU (Located in HEBs) - www.mygenfcu.org/rates/auto-rates
48 Months 2.55%
60 Months 2.55%
72 Months 3.24%

and

United Texas Credit Union Auto Loans - United Texas CU
48 Months 2.29%
60 Months 2.39%
66 Months 2.49%
72 Months 2.69%
also additional 0.25% off if you purchase their gap.

Would that work in Fort Worth? 1.99 is the goal. I test drive a Model 3 tomorrow and will basically have my down payment on Friday.

Looks like this is the spot to apply at. They are based in Dallas, so it looks like I am close enough to work with it.

Loading site please wait...

American Airlines credit union was also what I was considering, but this seems better. EECU does not get close to either of these.

All Texas residents are eligible for 2.49% financing through CUTX. They did increase it from 1.99% after the last FED rate increase.

If by chance you did not have a referral code when you ordered it, you can have that added post order through a Tesla representative also for 6 months free supercharging. Still hoping I can get another referral to get a Wall charger before having my plug installed. May future proof my wiring to have that done later if needed.

So 2.49% on CUTX is for 24 months only. I ordered my Model 3 last Monday and already have a delivery date (Dec 3rd) but I don't have a lender yet. I'm located in Houston area. CUTX is 4.24% on 72 months. Any other recommendations? Thanks.