Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Decision on Performance Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

So I am going to purchase the Model 3 and can't decide whether the 20in Wheels in the Performance upgrade is a smart idea or not. I am going with the 530km LR AWD model but not sure if paying €4300 for much better looking tyres and brakes would make the comfort worse.

So I live in the countryside in Ireland where we have the odd pothole and bumps in the road where you can bottom your car out if you're not careful. So that's would be my biggest concern. No when I say bottoming the car out, you would need to be going 80 to 90km at one or two areas in a standard Renault Laguna or Seat Ibiza.

I also drive over 200km a day to work on the motorway with only 10 minutes of journey going cross country to get to the motorway.

So I was wondering whether it's smart to go with the performance upgrade of 20inch Tyres instead of the 18 Aero wheels? And does 1cm of lowering makes a difference to potholes and ramps on the road? Also do the 20inch loose much in range?

PS. My neighbour took me for a spin in his 2018 Model S on the country road and says there's no issues.. We even went 90km or more over some of these Bumps & pot holes in the road without any issues. But the suspension is different isn't it?