Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dedham MA waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the call from Miguel! Car is being detailed and should be on the way in an hour or so!

It happened! AJ drove the car over about an hour ago. This was his third car delivery ever, so I’m guessing they are staffing up folks to do home deliveries. Haven’t gotten to do s good walk around, will have to do it tomorrow.

Mine did the same thing, said mobile access denied until the day it was actually delivered, then it diappeared for a little while.

Hmm, yeah mine is completely working even though I don't have my car yet. I'm able to lock/unlock, set climate, view location, etc. Curious to see if I lose access after a couple days. Wish I could drive to the location the car is showing at and just go pick it up myself lol.

Well, as expected I wont be getting my car on Tuesday. Just got a text about a reschedules appointment. Checked my email and my new appointment is 12/14 … This was when I was originally expecting delivery so it shouldn't really matter, but I was excited that I could have been getting the car so soon. I did have a VIN in my account but now that my appt has been moved it is gone. I'm hoping that is only because I'm more than a week out from delivery again. Hopefully this gives them time to figure out their issues with getting the cars to Dedham from RI.

Same here. My original appointment was on 11/26 but that has now been moved to 12/12. The VIN also doesn't show anymore.

I sold my existing car in line with my original appointment. Now I'm car-less for 3 weeks or so. I really hope I can get the delivery earlier because living without a car, especially in the winter is not ideal to say the least. Any chance that I can work with Vanessa to get this resolved? Folks here have mentioned that she has been reasonable. (I received the email from her account.)

Same here. My original appointment was on 11/26 but that has now been moved to 12/12. The VIN also doesn't show anymore.

I sold my existing car in line with my original appointment. Now I'm car-less for 3 weeks or so. I really hope I can get the delivery earlier because living without a car, especially in the winter is not ideal to say the least. Any chance that I can work with Vanessa to get this resolved? Folks here have mentioned that she has been reasonable. (I received the email from her account.)

I was going to sell my car tomorrow, I'm lucky they sent these out today rather than tomorrow or Monday. I would at least try to contact her, if they can't get you into your Tesla, maybe at least they can get you a rental.

• Informative
Reactions: amhcaveman
Update: Thought I was going to take delivery tomorrow and called today to confirm. Apparently, the "delivery date" is actually the "process paperwork date" then they'll deliver my car to my home next weekish. I have a feeling their switching this up midstream as they try to push out as many cars as humanly possible before year's end enabling the $7500 tax credit for the majority of us.

I know this is frustrating and would be nice if communication was much better but the boots on the ground employees are doing there best and eventually we'll all get our cars. Also, as it pertains to taking delivery at home and some of the angst customers have regarding the condition of their vehicles upon delivery: Tesla will give you 3 days to report any type of issue(rock chip, paint problem etc.) and will take care of it after the fact. Tesla service is very customer service oriented and will not leave you hanging if there is any type of issue.

Reactions: homer214
Update: Thought I was going to take delivery tomorrow and called today to confirm. Apparently, the "delivery date" is actually the "process paperwork date" then they'll deliver my car to my home next weekish. I have a feeling their switching this up midstream as they try to push out as many cars as humanly possible before year's end enabling the $7500 tax credit for the majority of us.

I know this is frustrating and would be nice if communication was much better but the boots on the ground employees are doing there best and eventually we'll all get our cars. Also, as it pertains to taking delivery at home and some of the angst customers have regarding the condition of their vehicles upon delivery: Tesla will give you 3 days to report any type of issue(rock chip, paint problem etc.) and will take care of it after the fact. Tesla service is very customer service oriented and will not leave you hanging if there is any type of issue.

Yeah, there are two delivery dates. The first one is when your car is delivered to the service center, the second one is when you pick up or have it delivered. The second one is a moving target...

We were supposed to be delivered on Wed but never showed up. Now I'm being told to expect delivery by mid next week...

Just picked up my mid-range model 3 today at 7:00 pm. Had to wait for about 3 hours. Didn't find anything wrong in exterior nor interior. Panel doors I thought were little wide. Had to contact the insurance myself to fax them the stamp otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the car today. A guy Erin that did the paper work with me was extremely helpful, but the other one named Andrew was not helpful at all. Erin tried to convince him to talk to my insurance agent but he didn't want to hear it, and it was by accident when I opened the door where they were talking that I saw that. Anyways after very long day got to drive it home at night for 60 miles (half highway)and greatly enjoyed the ride. Fingers crossed no issues so far. Bigger than my e-golf and quite more powerful, and as far as technologically e-golf seems ancient compared to model 3. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: homer214
I’m not sure it’s anxiety as much as overpromising and under delivering with zero communication. The only way I can get any info or even talk to someone is to go down there early in the day. I already went there yesterday and was assured my car would be delivered home today so we shall see :)

Oh I totally understand and as it's such and important event(taking the delivery of a Tesla!) that it's too bad it's so messed up but it is what it is as they try to deliver an impossible amount of cars by year's end.

BTW once you receive your car it'll be smooth sailing. The current lack of communication etc. as it regards to current deliveries is not a reflection of how Tesla operates as a whole e.g service is very communicative etc. Anyhow, hope you took delivery or will soon!

Reactions: Alketi
Just picked up my mid-range model 3 today at 7:00 pm. Had to wait for about 3 hours. Didn't find anything wrong in exterior nor interior. Panel doors I thought were little wide. Had to contact the insurance myself to fax them the stamp otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the car today. A guy Erin that did the paper work with me was extremely helpful, but the other one named Andrew was not helpful at all. Erin tried to convince him to talk to my insurance agent but he didn't want to hear it, and it was by accident when I opened the door where they were talking that I saw that. Anyways after very long day got to drive it home at night for 60 miles (half highway)and greatly enjoyed the ride. Fingers crossed no issues so far. Bigger than my e-golf and quite more powerful, and as far as technologically e-golf seems ancient compared to model 3. Good luck everyone.

Congratulations...your first drive was fun and it just keeps getting better!

Got another text today saying that my car has reached my delivery center and I need to complete the remaining items on my account within 48 hours. The only thing I haven't completed is my trade in and I can't do anything there because it still says pending appraisal. I can't even change it to say I don't want to trade in. At this point I would take a home delivery in the next week instead of waiting 3 more weeks (and risk still having to wait for the car to make it our of RI).