Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep Blue Metallic - Show me pictures of your car today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would say for me personally, the Deep Blue Metallic is a lot darker in person than it appeared on the Tesla website with my Macbook Pro and iPhone displays. In the bright sun, it does look lighter in color though. What shade of blue were you hoping for ?
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. If I know which other car maker's blue it looks similar to, I would go an view one of their cars to get a good idea of the Tesla metallic blue. I will probably order the blue anyway; rather than the white which is the other color that we have been considering.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. If I know which other car maker's blue it looks similar to, I would go an view one of their cars to get a good idea of the Tesla metallic blue. I will probably order the blue anyway; rather than the white which is the other color that we have been considering.

There are so many shades, its hard...

its a lighter blue than BMWs tanzanite blue (which you likely wont find on a car lot) but darker than the Phytonic blue of my wifes 2019 X3 M40. I am most familiar with BMW colors so thats what I have to equate it to. My wife and I both have blue cars, and mine is quite a bit darker than hers, in the same area / lighting.

4320BC9C-ED59-4E93-9FAF-158CA48587E0.jpeg 7D16D3F8-8A27-4AA4-BC2F-788B4F528B90.jpeg 93FBEC46-505A-46D2-AB08-A7B0380E1727.jpeg

I am in contiuous search for the sealant/topper combo that gives the most gloss. Here is my P3D after applying The Last Coat 2.0, followed by Amp, also by TLC, which is a ceramic-infused topper. I like and recommend the combo of these two products....

gloss2.jpg

gloss1.jpg

I am in contiuous search for the sealant/topper combo that gives the most gloss. Here is my P3D after applying The Last Coat 2.0, followed by Amp, also by TLC, which is a ceramic-infused topper. I like and recommend the combo of these two products....

View attachment 556258

View attachment 556259

Very Nice! Prior to using the TLC products, did you have any type of ceramic coating and/or PPF?

I am getting the wheels done in a grey/gunmetal. I wish that was available when I got my 3.

Tint is XPEL XR Plus. 20% all around minus windshield which is actually 50% (was going to do 70% but noticed that even 50% didn't reduce vision).
View attachment 545199 View attachment 545200
This looks sweet. Did you end up getting your wheels done in gunmetal? Would love to see an updated pic if so.

Picked up my blue M3 yesterday and thought I'd ask in this thread.
I've noticed that the paint right at the edge of where the roof line and the trunk lid meets is not sprayed very good (as well as other places but this is the most noticeable). Another M3 being delivered looked exactly the same. Wondering if this is the case for your cars as well?

Attachments

• 0C7F68BB-98A0-4B8D-9AC9-4D77755CDB99.jpg
    0C7F68BB-98A0-4B8D-9AC9-4D77755CDB99.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 97
Picked up my blue M3 yesterday and thought I'd ask in this thread.
I've noticed that the paint right at the edge of where the roof line and the trunk lid meets is not sprayed very good (as well as other places but this is the most noticeable). Another M3 being delivered looked exactly the same. Wondering if this is the case for your cars as well?
I have not noticed that on mine, delivered back in March.

Tim

IMG_2420.jpeg

Not taken today, but noticed the last picture I posted had the stock wheels. I moved on to 19” TS5 wheels a couple of months ago.

View attachment 704524
@f308gt4

Can you please post a full side pic of your car with these wheels.

Did you have stock 19" before or the 18"s? Or coming from 20"s? How's the ride/handling any different?

I'm deciding between these and the TSS in satin black for my Red LR with 19" sport wheels.

Thanks your car looks great.