Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep Blue Metallic Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Details on my signature but basically, my car was suppose to be picked up today, about 45 minutes before the scheduled pick up time they told me that it did not pass inspection....(Costa Mesa). They didn't tell me the reasoning why other than it didn't.

I emailed my sales advisor today asking about what the issue was and if they were going to assign me another vehicle. If it was the latter, then I told them I want to upgrade a Performance....lol...we'll see how that goes.

Details on my signature but basically, my car was suppose to be picked up today, about 45 minutes before the scheduled pick up time they told me that it did not pass inspection....(Costa Mesa). They didn't tell me the reasoning why other than it didn't.

I emailed my sales advisor today asking about what the issue was and if they were going to assign me another vehicle. If it was the latter, then I told them I want to upgrade a Performance....lol...we'll see how that goes.

Was the VIN you were assigned for AWD or RWD?

3/31/2016 online reservation deposit the minute that it opened.
Located in Cleveland
6/27/18 Order completed as soon as AWD was opened
LR, AWD, Blue, Black Interior ,19" Sport Wheels, EAP

No news from Tesla. Called 8/6/18 to check to make sure I have everything completed and they told me I had a VIN. Nothing displayed on my account page. No encoded VIN before they closed the loop on the hack.

VIN: 63XXX

Account still shows Sept-Nov delivery.

UPDATE on my post yesterday...

ISA called yesterday and my car will arrive in Cleveland 8/22. Still working on pickup date but it will be a few days after arrival.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
Happy to report another impending blue delivery in Massachusetts! Received my ISA call, VIN (637xx), and delivery date (8/31) tonight. ISA said I could take delivery as early as August 28th, but I'll be out of town then, so I scheduled for August 31st instead.

Delivery to Dedham, MA
Deep Blue Metallic
AWD
19" Sport Wheels
Black Interior
EAP

Timeline
3/31/16 - Waited in line at the Natick, MA store, reserved at 11:30am EDT
4/6/18 - Invited to configure RWD, Deferred for AWD.
5/23/18 - Invited to configure AWD. Ordered immediately.
8/5/18 - Edit Design link disappeared, asked for loan information, asked to confirm delivery details
8/8/18 - ISA call / email and VIN
8/31/18 - Scheduled delivery date

Third-party financing
No trade-in

@Bokonon did you put in the loan information prior to your ISA baking you?

Soooooo maybe some Movement in MA

3/31/16 - Line Waiter (1st in country, Tented 3 days in Dedham :))
2/22/18 - Invited to config
5/20/18 - Configed AWD
6/26/18 - Configed to P3D+
8/08/18 - Changed to white interior (Tesla salesperson called from store and did it for me). This changed my delivery from Aug-Oct to Oct-Dec. They told me it should not take that long and will keep internet and supercharging (w/o referral)
08/10/18 - Asked to upload info on trade-in and edit button disappeared

So I may have movement?!

Reactions: Bokonon
Oh pardon!

2 days or 2.5 days. Was worried it wasn't going to happen, but they made the change and kept the pre 8/1 price change. I had documented many calls, emails, and stores visits prior to 8/1 trying to change to white to no avail (no one could tell me about keeping or losing internet until they confirmed I would have it after the 1st) so that helped my case.

I called Tesla on Wed and said that I wanted to change my order to White interior. He told me that they have been having trouble with "Edit" buttons on line (I have not had one for a long time) so he sent me an email which I was supposed to Reply To with the details of the change I wanted to make. The email arrived in my Inbox about 5 minutes after we hung-up and I filled it out and sent it right back. I just called Tesla this morning (Friday) and they confirmed that they have received the email and the notice of my requested change, but it could take 5 - 7 days for that change to show up in my account. Still (of course) no info on timing, how and whether it pushes me back in the queue, etc.

5/20/18 - Configed AWD
8/08/18 - Changed to white interior (Tesla salesperson called from store and did it for me). This changed my delivery from Aug-Oct to Oct-Dec. They told me it should not take that long and will keep internet and supercharging (w/o referral)
So I may have movement?!

Yup! You're going to get a call from your IDA within the next 2-3 business days. You'll receive your VIN in an email immediately after that call.

Glad to see that Dedham Tent Guy's number has finally been called ! :)

5/20/18 - Configed AWD

So I may have movement?!

@Nate977p Do you have the Deep Blue Metallic exterior? I'm a 5-23 Blue AWD (Non-P) with White Interior that got the same thing yesterday. I'm thinking there is some good progress on the May and White Interior orders.