Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep Blue Metallic Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chicago Area

Blue w/ White interior - AWD
19" Sport Wheels
EAP (debating adding FSD at delivery still).

Trade in and Tesla financing currently selected

3/31/16 web reservation prior to reveal
4/22/18 Config Invite
6/26/18 AWD ordered
7/23/18 Switched to White interior

Not a peep since.

Saw blue newly delivered to Lot yesterday in MA - she looked great
That might be me! I accept an AWD Blue next Tues 8/14! Sooooo excited!! (also a bit nervous... hoping to not find any issues)

3/31/16 - in-person reservation
6/27/18 - configured Model 3 AWD, DBM/Black, Aero Wheels (will turn into my winter set)
7/26/18 - first ISA contact
7/27/18 - VIN assigned, delivery date scheduled
8/14/18 - delivery date

Reactions: Bokonon
Do you incur extra charges for the change online?
+$1k awd, +$500 paint, +$200 delivery
Seems when in edit mode the new prices are showing up.

I haven’t had an edit button for a while so I had to call Tesla (and sit on hold for about 30 minutes before I spoke to someone) but the rep confirmed for me that the only extra charge I will incur is the extra charge for the White interior (which is enough!). No extra delivery charge, no extra paint or Dual Motor upcharge and no change to my pre-July 1 premium connectivity order. But, he said it would almost certainly set me back - possibly a month, but he didn’t know for sure, except that it likely would set me back.

• Informative
Reactions: Moderatefan
I haven’t had an edit button for a while so I had to call Tesla (and sit on hold for about 30 minutes before I spoke to someone) but the rep confirmed for me that the only extra charge I will incur is the extra charge for the White interior (which is enough!). No extra delivery charge, no extra paint or Dual Motor upcharge and no change to my pre-July 1 premium connectivity order. But, he said it would almost certainly set me back - possibly a month, but he didn’t know for sure, except that it likely would set me back.
When I changed to white interior on July 28, the agent was quite clear that it would not affect my delivery date. Don't know if that just meant the standard "Sept-Nov" estimate or the ACTUAL delivery date. There is little clarity on this point and I'm not sure the garden variety customer service reps have more than us. The last guy I spoke with was clear that he has no visibility into the manufacturing and delivery process.

BTW, 1/2 hour on hold is pretty damn good for Tesla! ;)

Someone on one of the other threads said it took a week or 2 for the change to process and then he had his window pushed back from Sept - Nov to Oct - Dec. True, no way of knowing whether that means the actual delivery date will be changed in any material way.
Given that I don't yet have a VIN and the car has not yet been produced, it would seem that it shouldn't make much difference but I get that Tesla does things a little differently and who knows what ripple effect it could have.

For sure about the 1/2 hour. When the recorded voice told me "your wait time is expected to be....30 minutes...." my first thought was "wow, that's not bad".

We are suckers for punishment.

Happy to report another impending blue delivery in Massachusetts! Received my ISA call, VIN (637xx), and delivery date (8/31) tonight. ISA said I could take delivery as early as August 28th, but I'll be out of town then, so I scheduled for August 31st instead.

Delivery to Dedham, MA
Deep Blue Metallic
AWD
19" Sport Wheels
Black Interior
EAP

Timeline
3/31/16 - Waited in line at the Natick, MA store, reserved at 11:30am EDT
4/6/18 - Invited to configure RWD, Deferred for AWD.
5/23/18 - Invited to configure AWD. Ordered immediately.
8/5/18 - Edit Design link disappeared, asked for loan information, asked to confirm delivery details
8/8/18 - ISA call / email and VIN
8/31/18 - Scheduled delivery date

Third-party financing
No trade-in

Saw a DBM with white interior P3D+ waiting for delivery in Palo Alto yesterday. I liked the stance and rubber so much I almost switched from my Aero P3D. I just know it will set me back in line and don't want to wait for what I can easily handle aftermarket. Besides those rims just aren't me, so I'll be patient and stop switching my config.

3/31/16 Line waiter
Not a previous owner
Ordered 5/23/2018
Changed to Blue 5/24/2018
Added FSD 8/1/2018

FSD/Black Interior/Aero
Going to do loan & trade in.

Still have edit button. No VIN in sight...

Located in Texas/Houston.

It makes me sad to see people order later than me get their cars before me, but I know I'm not the only one...

Last edited:
Reactions: preilly44
Happy to report another impending blue delivery in Massachusetts! Received my ISA call, VIN (637xx), and delivery date (8/31) tonight. ISA said I could take delivery as early as August 28th, but I'll be out of town then, so I scheduled for August 31st instead.

Delivery to Dedham, MA
Deep Blue Metallic
AWD
19" Sport Wheels
Black Interior
EAP

Timeline
3/31/16 - Waited in line at the Natick, MA store, reserved at 11:30am EDT
4/6/18 - Invited to configure RWD, Deferred for AWD.
5/23/18 - Invited to configure AWD. Ordered immediately.
8/5/18 - Edit Design link disappeared, asked for loan information, asked to confirm delivery details
8/8/18 - ISA call / email and VIN
8/31/18 - Scheduled delivery date

Third-party financing
No trade-in

Way to go @Bokonon. Congrats on getting a VIN and delivery date !!

--Cintoman

Reactions: Bokonon
@rich89 What blue VIN did you reject? My friend rejected blue VINs 41xxx and 44xxx over paint defects. He is now scheduled to take delivery of VIN 58xxx and we're really hoping that this higher VIN will be free of paint blisters.

Uh oh...my rejected Vin was 583xx and then I got another in the 44k range that was on my account shortly. Now I don't have a Vin. Was told it'll take a week to get a new one.

Model 3 Performance with Performance Upgrade & white interior. VIN 556XX. East coast location.

03/31/2016 - line waited, non-owner, reservation
06/27/2018 - order placed
07/23/2018 - contacted by Tesla's IDA
08/03/2018 - finished submitting paperwork to IDA
08/10/2018 - scheduled car arrival
08/11/2018 - new scheduled pickup due to early arrival
08/13/2018 - estimated car arrival
08/15/2018 - old scheduled pickup