Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep scratch on rear door and panel. Damage est?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solution
Thanks for the helpful info everyone. I added the estimate invoice to the album. It will take 4 days to repair and will cost around 3k CAD (2250 USD). I will shop around but basically that's what I'm looking at here in BC, Canada.
Go to a body shop, they'll give you a free estimate. My wild guess would be ~$200 + however much that plastic piece is. They'll clean it up, paint it, blend and buff it out, then put a new plastic thing on (technical term). This doesnt include the rim.... not sure how much that would be

Please come back with how much it ends up being. I'm curious if I'm over/under and by how much.

Upvote 0
Go to a body shop, they'll give you a free estimate. My wild guess would be ~$200 + however much that plastic piece is. They'll clean it up, paint it, blend and buff it out, then put a new plastic thing on (technical term). This doesnt include the rim.... not sure how much that would be

Please come back with how much it ends up being. I'm curious if I'm over/under and by how much.
Yea I have an appointment tomorrow but I have no point of reference. I will for sure come back to update.

Upvote 0
That black plastic piece is called REAR FENDER GARNISH RIGHT HAND ASSEMBLY, part number 1494188-00-C. You can find it on eBay for as low as $60. It just snaps on. You could replace that yourself.

Fixing the paint is probably a job for the pros.

This company sells a curb rash touch-up kit for the Gemini wheels. This probably wont be the last time you curb that wheel, so I wouldn't go to any great expense to do anything about it right now.

Upvote 0
scratches on the paint doesn't look too bad. i would first try touch up paint. if a body shop were to paint and blend that means they are doing the entire door which may or may not come out looking factory as it is now. for the wheels just cover it with these and heck it will even make up for the scratches and then some.

Another option for wheel cover that just came out:

Upvote 0
Wheel rash cost around 150-200 in the state, plastic trim can be replaced by yourself if you can find one, and the body panels can be handled by a pro detailer .. touchup, and buff to a good enough condition (unless closely inspected), guessing around 500-600 total.

Upvote 0