Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We live in deer country, and between going a reasonable speed during deer hours (early morning and evening) and being extra attentive, I've never had a strike. To a one, every neighbor that's struck one was either speeding or not paying attention.
Yeah right, it's the driver's fault because you've been lucky so far. Maybe you can drive 30 mph on a two lane highway for thirty miles without annoying the people behind you but that's tough to do around here.

The one I hit a five years ago I never saw because I was blinded by oncoming truck headlights. I now make sure that I never drive at "deer-o'clock". If there were no other cars on the road seeing and avoiding deer can usually be done pretty well (I've had them run across the road from cover at full speed; can't do much about that). But if there is oncoming traffic headlights it is a crapshoot. So I stick to driving the deer migration corridor during daylight when they aren't moving around much. It's an old joke, but around here there are two kinds of drivers: those who have hit deer and those who will. I even had a friend who had a deer hit by oncoming traffic and the carcass thrown into her lane. Yeah, her fault for not paying attention. Right.

We need more mountain lions!

• Disagree
Reactions: newtman
I'd be interested to see how that repair goes. My wife got T'boned by an idiot in her 2013 MS with 3400 miles on it. The damage consisted of both right doors and a dent about the size of yours on the right rear 1/4 panel. The 1/4 panel alone was a $20K replacement even before adding two door shells at just under $1K each (parts only on those doors). I figured the total repair was going to be in the $25K+ range.